“Drinking at its finest.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gin Joint

Gin Joint
182 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2123 (French Quarter)
(843) 577-7565
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Avon, Connecticut
“Drinking at its finest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stumbled upon this place in our travels. We didnt know what to make of it. It was a tiny place with not much capacity. The bartendar mixologists were quite entertaining and helpful in selecting a drink. They can size you up pretty well to figure out your taste. The ununique drink combo's really worked. I am usually a vodka drinker however, I had a few of the gin drinks and they were unlike any gin drinks Ive had before. The whole concept of this place is pre-prohibition days and they knock it out of the ball park. I will be stopping in next week for sure on my vacation.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, Canada
“Innovative gin cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend & I stopped in here for drinks on a week night. We are gin lovers, so what better place to start a downtown Charleston bar crawl? We each had two different gin cocktails, all of which were unique, tasty and STRONG!

I ordered from the menu where you give the server two descriptive words & the bar tender creates a cocktail for you using gin. Very exciting cocktail experience!

My friend ordered two cocktails off the menu & she enjoyed them too.

The service was very good here. We had a really friendly server who gave us tips on where to hit next on our night out on the town. Loved his outfit, with suspenders, gingham shirt & bow tie. Fit the Gin Joint atmosphere perfectly!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Small plates and great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We heard about this place and stopped in on a Friday night. The staff was friendly, and even better, we found out we made it in during happy hour. The drinks were excellent, with interesting ingredients and great taste. I went with a large group of guys, and we ordered basically everything off the tapas menu - sometimes more than one round of each, and we were not disappointed by a single one. From homemade pretzels with a mustard and sriracha cheese dip to the buffalo style fried duck hearts, shrimp wontons, ricotta stuffed meatballs, and Korean pork buns and more, the food preparation was excellent. A little expensive, but definitely worth the experience. Will be back the next time I am in Charleston.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Was expecting something different...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

...like a more speak-easy atmosphere, so I was a little disappointed at first. I had checked out the menu online and it was different than the one available that night, so we didn't stay for dinner.

However, we really enjoyed our conversation with the bartender that evening, covering lots of topics from culinary to mead and more. Very personable, intelligent fellow. He made the stop worthwhile.

I had a house drink he recommended and enjoyed it a lot.

Visited October 2012
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Great Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The BEST DRINKS I have ever had . The staff was so friendly and nice . The place was very nice - very speakeasy . The staff had amazing outfits . Would go back in a heartbeat .

Visited September 2012