“Enoteca con cucina...molto bene!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We are located in the Antique District on lower King Street. Our cuisine is traditional Italian and prepared at the moment. A few minutes of your patience is our quality. We offer a full bar and extensive wines by the glass, mostly Italian...a few California. We offer indoor and outdoor seating in our "cortile". Buon Appetito and Salute!
“Enoteca con cucina...molto bene!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Il Cortile is a hidden treasure in Charleston. No hype; just great hospitality, food, charming atmosphere. Loved it when I first stumbled upon it years ago on a visit to the city. Many years and a few owners later, it is now minutes from my home and one of my neighborhood favorites!
Perfetto!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scituate, Massachusetts
“Great Italian Food in a Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were directed to this restaurant by a local ship captain. He told us it was his favorite restaurant. We're not far behind. It is a little off the beaten path but worth the walk from the other King St. places. We ate in the lovely courtyard (hence the name Il Cortile) at the back and it was special. Very low key with an Italian bistro atmosphere. The food was excellent, made with local ingredients and very well prepared. I had the Caprese salad to start which had delicious tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. For the main I had Ravioli al Funghi and it's the best I've had anywhere. There are lots of traditional Italian choices on the menu. They have a good selection of Italian wines at reasonable prices too, most in the $30-45 range. The Sauvignon Blanc was very good. If you like Italian fare you won't be disappointed. And our waiter was very attentive and knew when to come and check on us. That takes a good waiter.

• Visited May 2014
Conway, South Carolina
“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

On a recent trip to Charleston with my parents, we wanted to treat them to some nice Italian fare as it is their favorite. We searched online for a good place and came across Il cortile del re. We made reservations and got a wonderful table inside near the window. Our server was very friendly and the food was delicious. We enjoyed the gnocchi al gorgonzola, the mushroom raviolo, the bolongese and the wild boar pasta. Every bite was wonderful. The house wine was also quite delicious. This is a great place that you must try.

Plano, TX
“Very Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This small italian mom & Pop RESTAURANT. First I walked by at 7;15 PM Hardly anyone inside. It looked charming. So I walked in at 7:30 PM for dinner for 2 . The manager asked if I had reservations. I said no, but I was thinking : you gotta be kidding me. There is hardly anyone in here. i seated us. At about 7:45 PM - the local population showed up in force tro dine at this fantastic outpost. Great wine list, great glasses. the bread & appetizers were terrific. We shared our meals : Fish & a great pasta. I would recommend this Italian restaurant. it is on King st. but it's address is not King St., so a bit difficult to find. Nice

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Italian Food in Friendly Comfortable Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This small restaurant on the lower part of King Street is a great find in Charleston. It is a little off the beaten track at night, since it is not in amongst the mass of restaurants near Market or further up on King. But this means that reservations are more readily available. The pastas are delicious. Also a nice reasonably priced wine list. Staff very friendly. My family has dined there twice in the past three months, both times visiting our daughter at College of Charleston. Both experiences were very pleasant. We will definitely return.

• Visited April 2014