“Nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kitchen 208

Kitchen 208
208 King St, Charleston, SC (Downtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Kitchen 208 is a breakfast and lunch restaurant in the heart of downtown historic Charleston. Kitchen 208 features a whimsical menu with pastries, Southern breakfast entrees, sandwiches, salads, coffee, wine and local beer. Relax inside our beautifully renovated 100-year-old dining room or our shaded street side. Great fare, fresh air: served daily at 208 King Street.
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enjoyed our breakfast here more than Toast. Go figure?!?!? Everything was quite good especially the potatoes. Had a very pleasant time without all the crowds.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Vastly Improved, Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited Kitchen 208 a couple of months ago and was greatly disappointed. After hearing that they had rolled out a new and improved menu, we decided to keep an open mind and give it another shot. I am so glad we did! The chefs and management of this new establishment have definitely stepped up their game, making them much stronger contenders in the downtown culinary scene.
Both trips I took were for Sunday brunch. This time, I ordered one of the new selections: The Cobblestone. I was blown away with the creative and highly successful pairing of flavors in this breakfast sandwich. It includes egg, candied bacon, and gruyere cheese, among other ingredients, and I cannot wait to have it again.
The cinnamon rolls are also greatly improved and I basically had a love affair with mine right there at the table.
The mimosas--a point of contention during our last visit--were spot on this time.
In addition, my entree was accompanied by a side of fruit, vastly improving the presentation as well as the overall impression of fair value for my meal.
I am pleased to be able to highly recommend this establishment to friends and customers. Big thanks to Matt (the manager) and the kitchen staff for completely changing my mind about this restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“New and Improved Kitchen 208!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently went back to Kitchen 208 after having a less than stellar first impression of them a few months ago. Wow! They have certainly made a lot of improvements. Both visits were on busy Sunday mornings and this time they got it right.

Matt was taking the orders up front and was very quick and attentive. The mimosas this time were not only well proportioned but tasty as well. I ordered a wrap and this time I received a side of chips instead of just a sandwich. Not mind blowing, but it added value to the meal. The wrap itself was delicious and very fresh. The service was prompt and friendly and the place looked very clean all around. Overall you could tell they had made a lot of changes to the menu, side options, pricing and service. It was a different place than the Kitchen 208 of a few months ago and this made for a very positive brunch experience.

I'm so happy that this place has made so many positive changes in the past few months. They have a great location and based on this experience, I will certainly be back. Way to go guys!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Castro Valley, California
“Great start to your morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Whether you are looking for something light for breakfast or much heartier, stop by this place. The baked goods are amazing! The entrees cooked to perfection. They also have a private dining area for groups and wait staff are very friendly and attentive.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Lovely lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I had no idea that this place was owned by circa 1886. We enjoyed a lovely, quick lunch. High quality, delicious food and great service make this a must try! My co worker and I split the quinoa salad and grilled cheese both were fabulous! I'd highly recommend swinging by!

Visited September 2013