“Best BBQ I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #495 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Best BBQ I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The outside of the restaurant doesn't scream quality food. Stop in anyway. The BBQ is the best I've ever had. The staff is friendly and patient with tourists. They explained the menu and had recommendations for what to order. The sandwich was out of this world! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“This is the good stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Making the addition of a sitdown spot to their food truck business, Hello My Name is BBQ at Meeting St and I-26 had us curious. We finally decided to stop in. So glad we did! We enjoyed some of the best pulled pork (and bacon!) I have had in Charleston. So glad they created the sit down spot so we could enjoy the funky ambiance and the many varieties of sauces at the table. Heaven! No factory buns here! Plus, the side of coleslaw was fresh and light not drenched in dressing. The many toppings for your sandwich made for unique combinations. The owners/staff were very friendly and played the best mix of classic rock music for this 40ish couple to enjoy. We need to go back and enjoy brunch soon....obviously there is more to explore on the menu. But if the call of pure pork and bacon is calling your name, head over to Hello My Name is BBQ and indulge. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent Shrimp & Grits!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Love the neighborhood feel of this quaint and cozy place. Visited on a Saturday for brunch and loved it! My son had the french toast which was fantastic...he ate every single bite. My husband and I each had the shrimp & grits and we definitely weren't disappointed. Stone ground grits, plenty of cheese, apple sausage, and whatever else they put in there made it delicious! They weren't skimpy on the shrimp either! Live music was great and surprisingly, we could still have a conversation at the table. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very friendly. We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013