“Charleston charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
columbia, sc
“Charleston charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Having been traveling to Charleston for years, I had been looking forward to trying out Zero George. I finally had the chance this week, and even though only for one night, I made the most of it. I was immediately welcomed by the helpful staff, given a tour and the history of the property. My room overlooking the courtyard was ready, so my bags were taken up and I went to check it out. Everything was so comfortable, complimentary water in the small refrigerator drawers was a nice touch. Since I was just in Charleston to relax, I grabbed my book and headed to the plush outdoor daybed on the covered porch. An hour later here comes the yummy cheese board and a glass of ice cold rose'. Perfect. The next morning, I enjoyed the European breakfast offered to the guests. Especially the house made granola and cappuccino! And the lovely lady that was helping with breakfast service was so helpful. Really, the entire staff were exemplary. Zero George is a charming addition to the city, and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We recenly spent a fabulous weekend in Carleston at Zero. I cannot say enough good things about our stay. From the wonterful staff who welcomed us to the beautiful rooms we were immediately at home. We loved the 5 pm wine and cheese hour and the treats on our bed each night. This was truly one of the nicest places we have stayed in years and will certainly be back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were taken by this charming setting. It is nestled in the heart of the historic district. We stayed in the garden suite for two nights. It was spacious and quaint. Each morning we enjoyed breakfast on property in the courtyard. My only negatives of the stay were if you are traveling with a child it is a bit difficult. Since this is a boutique hotel they really don't cater to children. The dinner menu is a bit gourmet for their taste. We found ourselves having to go into town for dinner. We will return again but probably without our son.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A marvelous experience on every level. Well located, Wonderful ambiance. Delightful food with innovative presentation. Like stepping back in time but with up to date amenities. Can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: We got the last room available with a queen size bed. It was more than adequate,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late June. It was a wonderful experience, and I am happy that we decided to stay at this property. I would stay there again.

Room: We booked a verandah queen. The room we were first given faced East Bay, and was a lot louder than I would have expected. I understand that the hotel faces on to a busy street, but I would have thought that better efforts to soundproof those rooms would have been made. Perhaps, they are prevented from doing so for some reason. The room itself though, was lovely. Fortunately, the hotel was not full and we were able to be moved to a courtyard facing room. It was so much quieter, and just as lovely.

Service: I thought that the service was exceptional. The staff are all young, but so are my husband and I. Everyone that we dealt with was personable, and professional. We really felt taken care of.

Amenities: The complimentary breakfast was delicious. Some of the options took me back to my travels in Europe (i.e. fruit, prosciutto and brie), and eating it in the courtyard was a treat. The wine and cheese at night was equally amazing. The only issue we had was that the restaurant/bar is not open a couple nights a week (sun/mon?) and so we were not always able to get a late night drink or snack. I think that the person at the front desk should at least be able to provide guests access the bar on all days.

Location: The hotel is out of the way in the best possible way. It is a nice retreat from the madness of the market and King Street. We were able to walk anywhere we wanted to go in about 10 mins, and the scenery along the way was enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

You really can't beat the charm and comfort of the Zero George in Charleston, SC. Just a really beautiful property with cozy rooms, friendly staff, and wonderful food. The Zero George is located on a quiet corner away from the more touristy parts of Charleston, and yet is walking distance from just about anywhere you want to go in the town. My wife and I really loved staying there.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The buildings and grounds are beautiful. The service from all of the staff members was excellent. They were always nice, smiling and helpful. The rooms are very nice, and the adjoining veranda was incredible. Very nice wine and cheese service before dinner. The restaurant was excellent as well. A great place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Zero George Street? Share your experiences!