“Fantastic Experience, Beautiful Hotel, Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Promotion
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
New York, NY
“Fantastic Experience, Beautiful Hotel, Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Zero George Hotel is an exquisite property made up of four or five historic Charleston buildings that have been beautifully restored and tastefully decorated. The service is outstanding, the members of staff are passionate about this property and it clearly comes through. The only thing I would note is that it isn’t completely full-service (e.g. there is no pool, fitness center, business center, room service). But I understand that a bar and restaurant are scheduled to be opened soon. That being said, it is a real gem and you will feel like you are staying at someone’s beautiful home and you won’t want to leave! The location is away from the main tourist zone, which is nice because it is quiet and is an easy 10-15 min walk from anywhere you’d want to be in Charleston. We had a fantastic experience and definitely plan to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Solvang, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Sophisticated, charming and historic - Zero George was a magnificent introduction to Charleston for my first visit there. Think Four Seasons in a 200 year-old building. I LOVED my spacious, beautifully decorated room and could not have slept better. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt like I knew them, and they knew me, by the time I checked out. One big issue, though, which is why I didn't rate Zero George as "excellent." The hotel is not only not ADA accessible, it doesn't have an elevator. While I understand the limitations in making historical buildings accessible, this should have been disclosed on the website or at the time of booking. My room was, in essence, a third floor walk-up. For travelers who don't have this as a concern, however, I highly recommend Zero George

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Zero George is incredibly charming, cozy, luxurious, and has impressive attention to detail, but it was the hospitality and five star service we received that really set it apart from others. We stayed here for our wedding weekend and from the beginning were wowed by the staff. John, in particular, truly went above and beyond his call of duty. I can't say enough good things. The common areas are beautiful, the complimentary breakfast was amazing, and the rooms had every amenity needed. We didn't want to leave and will definitely be back. Thank you Zero George staff!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and son and I recently stayed at Zero George and highly recommend it. The hotel itself is absolutely charming but the hospitality of the staff sets this apart from others.
We got a great deal of help even before our arrival with restaurant recommendations and reservations. Through the staff (in particular Justin and Jeff) we were able to get into every restaurant that we wanted and therefore got a great feel for the wonderful food scene there in Charleston.
The team also arranged a delightful three hour walking tour w Mrs Dulles who gave us nice insights into the architecture, history and culture of the old neighborhoods of the City. Well worth the effort.
We look forward to our next visit.
Lee Meier

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I are boutique hotel snobs. On a whim, we decided to stay one night in Charleston and I stumbled across the Zero George because other places I knew of were already booked. I am SO glad that happened because the Zero George has become one of our favorite hotels (and by far our most favorite in Charleston). It's really hard to find coastal, boutique hotels and the Zero George has nailed it. Incredibly charming, cozy, luxurious, and impressive attention to detail. Even though it's on the northern fringe of all the downtown attractions, everything is easily within walking distance. We can't wait to come back and try out one of the guest suites, which are being completed in just a few weeks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Spicewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We loved this sweet gem in beautiful historic Charleston. The location is perfect-in a gorgeous neighborhood, but only a short walk to the wonderful shopping on King Street. The rooms are amazing-each one uniquely decorated. The common areas are stunning-no wonder Zero George was recommended in Architectural Digest! You definitely feel like you are staying in one of the grand homes in this area. The staff is most helpful and attentive. One of the nicest surprises was the complimentary afternoon wine and cheese spread as well as the lovely complimentary breakfast bar.
I can't wait to tell everyone I know about this precious low country star!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the third floor. For those not wanting to walk up the stairs, you may want to requ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this absolutely lovely small hotel. I am still in awe of how tastefully the buildings and rooms were restored (so rare); loved the courtyard too. The bathroom was a dream; the furnishings and décor were perfect. SO WELL DONE Zero George!!! Gorgeous (and well located too.) The staff was very attentive and friendly as well. Just great!!!!

Room Tip: Loved my veranda room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Zero George Street? Share your experiences!