“Top Italian Restaurant Downtown Another Reason not to miss NY City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 'Cesca Restaurante & Trattoria - CLOSED

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 'Cesca, located in downtown Charleston, combines a relaxed, rustic ambiance with its interpretive southern Italian cuisine. The trattoria focuses on very fine, though unrelentingly authentic dining borne of its founders’ Italian heritage and the pedigreed experience of the executive chef.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Top Italian Restaurant Downtown Another Reason not to miss NY City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

How this Restaurant is not ranked in top 25 in Charleston I have no idea. Maybe I need to relocate more home buyers from NY NJ and CT who actually know what real Italian Food is. My wife and I as well as a family who I helped purchase a home here working with Boeing had a great time New Years Eve. Got a laughing left handed compliment from my clients now fast friends that as good a realtor I am that I'm a better judge of restaurants. Unlike most New Years Eve menu's where you leave hungry, I need a pedi cab just to get me to my car parked across the street. Outstanding service, great food, wine list I think beats the so called best wine list restaurant in Charleston. Most kind of host and owner Anthony. Anyone who rates this other than 5 star should stick to The Olive Garden

• Visited December 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Add Cesca Restaraunt on Faber St & E. Bay why I don't miss NY City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just came back from Cesca's new Charleston off shoot of their 75th St restaurant in NY City. Outstanding in ever which way. What Restaruants where like when it was expected to put a suit or sport Jackets days. No neat casual is fine. Plus seating and you can see $$$ spent. Service very nice and not over bearing. Wine list a mile long and hope Chas. Sc knows what have the wines on the list are. I had a nice Prosecco and wife Lemoncello Martini with dinner. Happy they offer half plates of pasta which wife had orrechiette with broccli rabe and sausage and I had tallagtelli bolgonese followed by short ribs and Osso Bucco. Dessert great cannoli with pistachio gelato and wife had a pear tart with ice cream. Silly as it sounds somebody who knows how to make a decent cup of espresso to boot. lot across the narrow street for easy parking. Owner Anthony gracious as can be makes you welcome. JUST GO ! again add this to why I don't miss NY City Lou Russo Carolina One Realty

• Visited November 2012
Charleston, SC
“Great off the path spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Awesome Italian food with a twist. It's a little off of East Bay Street where all the major restaurants are but to me that adds to the appeal.
Don Romano was a character there and was very welcoming to us. We had a very romantic dinner and the food was heavy enough to fill us with out leaving us stuffed. So, naturally we had dessert. It was awesome. Great little spot and I hope to dine here next time I'm in the area.

• Visited October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fancy decor - Food OK,overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The renovations to the former eatery was very nice. That's the good part.

Food was OK, nothing special. Mozzarella appetizer was terrible, very dry. Tomatoes were hard as rocks. Waiters tended to push the wine which was good, but very pricey. Generally, did not meet expectations. Service tended to "up sell" the menu.

Pasta was not too bad, but nothing to shout home about. Dessert was disappointing- cheese cake made with goat cheese was way too light- I prefer the good old fashion NY cheese cake.

Coffee was cold.

Friends from NY went and said they will not return-way overpriced. Gnocci was soggy and over done with pesto. These are NYC Italians who know their Italian food.

Bottom line-way over priced for the quality of food you get.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Finally - an Italian restaurant in Charleston that is worth a return visit! Exceptional food, attentive service, beautiful presentation, lovely ambiance. We did not find the menu to be over-priced, as some other reviews have stated. Our meal was worth every penny. Can't wait to return for more of the same!

• Visited September 2012