“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Sailing Adventures "Prevailing Winds"

Charleston Sailing Adventures "Prevailing Winds"
10 Wharfside Street, Charleston, SC 29401
+1 843-277-9019
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a relaxing sail aboard Prevailing Winds, a 27' Stiletto Catamaran Sailboat, sailing daily from the Charleston Maritime Center. The environmentally friendly way to explore historic Charleston Harbor. Fast and stable, Prevailing Winds is fun for all ages. Experience close encounters with dolphins and other marine wildlife, quietly while under sail. Offering multiple trips daily. Limited to six passengers for a highly customized experience, with no crowds. Private Charters, special events, and sailing lessons available. All trips are BYOB.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We sailed the 90 minute trip for the six members of our family and had an awesome experience. From our 8 year old to our 21 year old, each of our four children have said this was one of the highlights of their vacation. Captain Jeremy was very friendly and informative of the harbor facts and the wildlife. Although we did not see any dolphins, we did not need to- the experience of smooth sailing in the harbor made it unforgetable. My husband and I have sailed on a variety of boats all over the East coast, and this was definitely our favorite experience.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Exciting and such a unique intimate experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was an amazing experience. We came on July 4th and The Captain was kind enough to push the trip back an hour so we could see the fireworks. I also got engaged to the love of my life on the Prevailing Winds Catamaran and I can't express to you enough how great of an experience it was. Jeremy (the captain) was fantastic! Without even knowing us and the other two couples he kept us entertained while allowing us to just relax and enjoy the amazing views Charleston has to offer. This will always be a tradition for my fiance and I. Thanks again Jeremy for making this such a memorable day. I highly recommend this to anyone heading to Charleston for a trip.

Cross, South Carolina, United States
“Best view of fireworks ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked the sunset sail for 4th of July fireworks show in Charleston Harbor. Weather had seemed a bit "iffy" with T-storms and wind all day. There was still a bit of wind and chop in the harbor but I must say that the catamaran handled it PERFECTLY! As the evening progressed the wind let down and the weather cooperated. Jeremy was a total blast. Very engaging and knowledgable. We totally enjoyed the company of the other two couples on the boat. What a great night in the harbor. And the fireworks! WOW! Definitely the coolest way to watch the fireworks ever. Oh yeah, we had a little "fireworks" aboard the Prevailing Winds, too, as we had the privilege of witnessing a marriage proposal! How cool is that? We highly recommend this awesome trip!

Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Perfect for non-touristy tourists!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I love sail boats. My husband knows this and surprised me with a private afternoon cruise yesterday as an early birthday present. (I am, literally the luckiest woman on earth and do not deserve this wonderful man!)

We had a great time, just relaxing on the boat. Jeremy was super nice and really knowledgeable about the area. We hate being stuck in a crowd of other tourists so this was a great way to experience Charleston and check out some of the sights.

Jeremy can take up to six guests on the Prevailing Winds and we would definitely love to do this again with friends! (However, it was really special being out there with just us.)

Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Fun had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me, my wife and two other couples (my sisters-in-law) took the sunset sail this past weekend. From rookie sailors to those of us practically born on a boat all of us had a blast. Very relaxing and enjoyable sail. Jeremy was great and the boat was a treat. Plenty of room to stretch out on the tramp or hang out in the cockpit. Very unique boat with a ton of room in the cockpit area. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to get out on the water. Could have stayed out there all day.

Visited June 2013