Stayed for two nights in January. The Inn is set on a gorgeous site on the Ashley river. Visiting the adjoining plantation and gardens is a must. Entrance is included for hotel guests. The self guided tour takes about 2 hours, including the leisurely walk from the Inn. We enjoyed watching the sunset while having complimentary wine and appetizers at "the Lodge". Breakfast is basic, with the option of cooked items at an extra charge. I prefer a light breakfast considering the vast amount of comfort food that would come later. Downtown Charleston is an easy 25 minute drive and worth visiting at least for an evening, particularly the "South of Broad" area. Highly recommend Poogan's Porch for dinner. However, returning to this peaceful retreat at night is really what made the weekend special. The Middleton Place Restaurant served a terrific and super romantic dinner for our last night.
There were a couple of minor issues that unfortunately preclude a perfect score. First issue was that we did not get housekeeping service on the second day. We were in town all afternoon so there really is no excuse. The hotel apologized, however, and offered us fresh towels and water bottles. Secondly, we found the beds to be quite sagging and uncomfortable.
All in all, this place was terrific and we certainly enjoyed it!
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Middleton Place Hotel
- Inn At Middleton Place Hotel Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge, The Inn at Middleton Place, Charleston SC ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Inn at Middleton Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.