Even if you live in Charleston, you would find Middleton Place a retreat from the world. With it's extensive grounds and activities, this surreal property is certainly an experience we will never forget. Way out of town, a beautiful drive on a busy road leads to another world. Certainly a site of much hardship in the past, walking its paths, touring its main house, and exploring its waterways transports one into the history of the south. Formerly a rice plantation, this place brings alive all that I learned at Charleston's excellent museum.
What to do and what to skip; do bring good walking shoes and use them, don't bother taking the horse-drawn tour through the unintersting back forty. Do have the complimentary breakfast, don't forget your flashlight or your wallet if you try to walk to dinner. Do get home in time for the community happy hour (great local beers,) don't come home without take-out or snacks for the rest of the evening. Do have your camera and photograph throughout the day as the lighting changes, don't expect luxurious rooms or elevators to steep 2nd stories. Do have a car to get from here to town, don't let any of my "don'ts" discourage you from coming here at least once i your life!
Great place for a small conference, romantic getaway, or traveler passing through the south on their way to Savannah or Williamsburg.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Middleton Place Hotel Charleston
- Inn At Middleton Place Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge, The Inn at Middleton Place, Charleston SC ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Charlestowne Hotels and Tingo so you can book your Inn at Middleton Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.