“Great dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Vietnamese, Asian fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In Vietnamese, "CO" is the word for "feast". Located on King Street in Historic Charleston, South Carolina, we offer an authentic Vietnamese cuisine destination, serving bahn mi, pho, ramen and, of course, our own signature cocktails. Our fresh and modern space is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner, and drinks.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My son steered us to Co for a different kind of Charleston cooking. We had to wait a few minutes but the Saki is fairly priced, so it wasn't bad. I ordered dac biet pho which is basically meat lovers phone. While I would have appreciated a little more meat in a $14 bowl of soup, it was truly delicious. Also, I like it spicy, and Co had some nice hot sauces I added to get the tears flowing!

My wife had Hanoi noodles with curried shrimp and my son got the drunken noodles. Both were
outstanding. I can't wait to head back. Maybe a little more meat next time?

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BoomerO26, Public Relations Manager at Co Banh Mi Noodles Bar, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! We are glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. We love that you love our house-made sauces so much it brought a tear to your eye. (Kidding!) We can't wait to have you back!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Delicious smokey flavor and bahn mi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have enjoy Co's sister restaurant, CO Sushi in Myrtle Beach, and decided to try the original. My husband was eager to try the Bahn Mi and thankfully it didn't disappoint. He loved it. I had the fried rice with chicken and sauage. The dish was deliciously smokey. We highly recommend it.

Heather, we are so glad you and your husband have experienced both sides of the CO family! Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We are glad your husband enjoyed the Banh Mi and that we didn't disappoint! We hope to have you back soon!
Beaufort, South Carolina
“It is still noodles ---”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I love pho so was happy to see the ratings for this place. It is a very attractive place with exposed brick and a hip vibe. The service was good. The dumplings were very good. I thought the pho was good but not great. I have had better for a fraction of the price. I guess one can expect it will be higher since it is on King Street. I just thought it was a bit much for what is still in the end a bowl of noodles with a small amount of beef on top. Noodles were sort of stuck together but taste was good. I would probably try another Asian place next time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BoomerO26, Public Relations Manager at Co Banh Mi Noodles Bar, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to send us some feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with your pho. Please contact marketing@eatatco.com to ensure your next visit is up to our high standards. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Charleston
“I'll be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I sat at the Bar for lunch and was immediately greeted by a friendly server. She answered a few of my questions and was happy to share the most popular choices! She recommended the edamame spring rolls and I absolutely loved them! I also enjoyed the dumplings! Since then, I have also been back and ordered PHO which they are known for---Right on! I will certainly return to CO and tell a million of my friends how good it is! Thanks CO!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so glad you love some of our popular items, like the edamame spring rolls! We love sharing our favorites with all of our customers! Can't wait to have you back soon!
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Excellent service and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I happened upon this restaurant and we were glad we did. The atmosphere was very cool and our server Henry was very attentive and made some great recommendations. Our food was phenomenal. We recommend you stop in and take the ride. You will love it! Thank you guys so much for a wonderful experience. Love the pictures of Nobu McCarthy. Thanks to Henry we now know who that is!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! We are so glad that you and your wife stumbled upon us! And we are glad you know who Nobu McCarthy is now! Hope you'll visit us again soon!