“Dont Miss It” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek, Middle Eastern
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dont Miss It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you go by and see this little hole in the wall place you probably would be tempted to keep walking. But if you do you will miss a great meal! It is very small with limited seating but I am telling you it is one of the best pita places we have been. We went last year and when we decided we where coming back to Charleston again this year the first thing we said is we where going back to eat a pita and they did not disappoint. Staff was very friendly and food is reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Summerville, SC
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has a "1/2" in it's address, so be prepared for a very small eating establishment. This has been a number of sandwich shops over the years, but this one will hopefully last. It is owned by a local greek family who has eateries in the area, so that is a good reccomendation. We ordered the greek pita, which is actually a gyros. Fast service, and very reasonable prices. We had incredibly well seasoned french fries, and soft drinks (or tea), and spent about $9.00 per person. What a deal! The pita wrap was fresh and full of meat and salad stuff. Great tsike sauce (sp?) to go with it. This was one of the best made and best priced greek sandwiches I've had in Charleston. Definitely will go back. Great location for the college crowds, as well, and is located deep in the tourist district of Charleston. Be careful, though, as it is easy to miss. About 100 feet down on the right past Calhoun on King St.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria VA
“Quick, tasty, well-priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was hungry and my friend called to say this is where they were, did I want anything. She got us two gyro sandwiches (hold the onions on mine) and they were delicious, chock full of the gyro/lamb meat, not too much sauce, and sliced tomatoes. I would go try this walk-in place on King near Calhoun, again. A young college friend says he goes here about 3 x a weeks to have various sandwiches.

Visited October 2012
“Great Gyros and Falafels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Great pitas!!
We had the Gyros and Falafel pitas.
Best lunch we had in Charleston!!
Will go back for sure
Next time I'm taking the entire family

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Overpriced and Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've eaten here twice. The staff is not very friendly and tries to milk you for every penny you have. I bought a meal which was supposed to come with a drink but was not offered a cup. I would have asked for it but the cashier barely spoke two words to me after I ordered. I was ready to get out of there.

• Visited March 2012