This is a great place to stay if you are traveling through Charleston. My boyfriend and I were there Labor Day weekend, 2013 and we will be back on our next trip to Charleston. The location is great, very close to plenty of bars, restaurants, shopping in the Charleston area. It was nice being able to meet fellow travelers and having other people to bum around with.
I do have some suggestions WHEN you visit The Not So Hostel though:
1) Bring shower shoes. The showers are clean and taken care of, but lets be honest, its like living in a dorm. Better safe than sorry.
2) Possibly, bring another fan? We were there over Labor day, second floor room and it was hot.
3) Bring your own sheets, if you make a reservation, you're aware of what size mattress you'll have. They do supply them, but they are well used and the elastic around the fitted sheet kept coming up for us. And towels, bring those too!
The only possible negative I would have to say is that there are only two restrooms. When we were there, they were booked solid, so there is a chance that it's not too bad during less busy times.
Overall, great, awesome, fantastic place to stay. Be sure to say "Hi' to Leo too, he's the orange cat that lives there. He's a sweetie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a double-porched 150-year old house in the historic district of the lovely peninsular Charleston Breakfast Included, Bicycle Hire, Linen Included, Guest Kitchen, Common Room, Bike Parking, Free Carpark, WiFi in lobby, Web access in lobby, WiFi in room, Air Conditioning, Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Charleston's NotSo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston`s Notso Hotel Charleston