“Market Pavillion Hotel in the heart of the Market” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
DIRECT BOOKING SPECIAL
Ranked #7 of 54 hotels in Charleston
North Caroina
“Market Pavillion Hotel in the heart of the Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great location, great service, great rooms, and great rooftop atmosphere directly across from City market. Walking distance to shopping and many great restaurants. Just FYI - if you are using the $20 day valet parking - get all your belongings when you check-in...it is a little difficult to get something out of the car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and stay at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of the historic district, our great service, accommodations and the Pavilion Bar. As you know in Charleston parking is at a premium and we do offer valet for our hotel and dining guests. Since our garage is secure and for your safety, we will check your luggage or retrieve them for you once they are requested by our guests. Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I treated my adult daughter to a three day stay at the hotel. We felt completely pampered the entire time. We loved having the fresh baked pastries, fruit and coffee served right down the hall every morning. The rooftop pool and bar were wonderful, and we enjoyed having drinks served to us poolside (along with cold towels for our faces when it got hot!). It's a wonderful location for getting to some of Charleston's best restaurants, or strolling through the historic areas. My only minor complaint would be that our room wasn't done up until after 3pm each day, even though we had put the "service please" sign on the door by 10am each morning. I will definitely return to the hotel again....next time I'll bring my husband!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Market or Bay Street, or you'll be looking at the parking garage...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First, we are so pleased that you decided to stay with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel for your mother/daughter getaway. I am pleased you felt pampered by our entire team and you enjoyed all the services of our hotel from the Pavilion Bar to the sideboard breakfast to our great location. I apologize for any delay in servicing your guest room, but if you wish or need to have it serviced by a specific time, please advise on of our Guest Service Agents and we will do our every best to honor your request. We would love to welcome you back very soon and thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Market Pavilion. The room was charming. The staff was excellent. Our favorite place was the rooftop bar. Cheryl, DJ and Dave took great care of us. Great music and not too loud. Good food and margaritas! Hope to see the three of you again!

Angie from Iowa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It’s great that you also enjoyed the Pavilion Bar, the food, drinks and the service of Cheryl, JR and Dave. I will share your comments with them and I am sure they will be very appreciative. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came to Charleston with my girlfriend for a needed vacation. Both of us had never been to Charleston and it is a city we both have been wanting to visit. We chose the Market Pavillon Hotel because we thought the idea of aroof top pool would be fun and keep us refreshed as it is hot and humid in Charleston during the month of June. We were pampered from the minute we arrived until we left. There was nothing negative about our stay. The most outstanding part of the hotel is the staff which I will go as far to mention certain members that made our stay excellent in the below paragraphs of my review.

First, the lobby, restaurant, and bar on the main floor were beautiful. The cocktails and food were top notch specifically the nitrotinis (great concoctions that are infused with liquid nitrogen so they stay cool and refreshing until the end of consumption). Be sure to try the tuna tower they serve. Bartenders Kamden and Andrew took extra good care of us providing us recommendations for restaurants and great service.

The rooms at this hotel are very clean and beds and linens are very comfortable. Hermes toiletries was a nice benefit. We stayed on the Concierge level which was great. They have great snacks and breakfast. Melissa was outstanding and made us feel like family. She is a true asset to the hotel.

Finally I will address the rooftop bar and pool. Amazing views of the city are provided by this establishment. The food served here is a cut above normal pool side fare. We especially enjoyed the pizzas and quesadilla. Once again, the staff that works this area are terrific as well. A special mention goes out to servers Victoria and Rory for providing quick and above and beyond service. We had several encounters with the pool area manager, Aaron, who was very friendly always ensuring we were having a great stay.

I have stayed in many nice hotels that provide great service, amenities, etc. but bottom line is I have never stayed anywhere with such excellent staff members. Thanks for a great stay Market Pavillon Hotel!

Jeremy and Zonda, NYC

Room Tip: The concierge level is a must!
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for joining us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. It’s great to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed your first time in Charleston. We are pleased and honored that you choose the Market Pavilion. Hotel. It’s great that you were able to enjoy almost all the services of our hotel, from the clean and comfortable accommodations, Hermes toiletries, the benefits of the Concierge Level and the outstanding service of many of our staff members. I am glad that you also enjoyed the food at the Pavilion Bar and the time you spent their. We hope that this will not be your only visit to Charleston and want to welcome you back again very soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel and were treated to a fantastic stay in a wonderful City.
The service and property are second to none. The rooms are luxurious and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. The location is convenient to everything that Charleston has to offer. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, accommodations and the breakfast. I would hope to see you again very soon and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any future assistance.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. From the moment you arrive, your every need is taken care of. We had the good fortune to stay on the Concierge level which was made even more special by the Parlor Conciege Melissa Lockwood. What a wonderful asset to the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast and afternoon cocktail hour. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Charleston. The location is right next to the City Market, the service is beyond compare and the amenities - including rooftop pool and bar - are truly special.
Linda D.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay on the Concierge level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased by your comments and that you enjoyed all the benefits of our Concierge Level. It’s great that you also had the opportunity to enjoy the Pavilion Bar and our pool. I will share your comments with team and look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had read all the reviews, positive & negative before booking and decided to take a chance. It was a great decision--its a beautiful hotel in a great location and we had top rate service from check in to check out. They even provided us some gift vouchers for use on premise in honor of the hubs birthday (reason for the weekend) which we happily squandered at the lobby AND rooftop bars! Definitely try a Nitro-tini in the lobby--that was fun! The roof is quite a scene at night but mid day we were able to find seating and enjoy a snack and adult beverages. Only downside--that same 'scene' from the street tromps through the hotel and up and down on the elevator all day and night and we had some loud children running up and down the hall our last morning that we had planned to sleep in. A little pricey on the daily valet but worth it in the end to be able to walk everywhere we went!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us before your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am also pleased you were able to use your extra benefit of the food & beverage voucher at the Pavilion Bar and the Grill 225. Nothing is more fun that enjoying one of our 30 Nitriotinis (the hottest drink in Charleston -320 degrees). I apologize about any noise. Just so you are aware again, our guest floors can only be accessed by a private key exclusive to your floor. As for the valet, in Charleston, it’s the best options as parking is at a premium. Thank you once again and we look forward to you returning to us again very soon.

Been to Market Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!