“Concierge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Cape Cod
“Concierge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just prior to flying to Charleston SC and staying at the Market Pavilion, I broke a tooth. I called the concierge and they arranged for an emergency appointment to a dentist in the area. I couldn't have been more pleased with their service. The hotel is beautiful and well located. The rooftop pool is a great place to relax and view the city

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
First, I am sorry about hear about your need for a dentist. I am very pleased that our concierge was able to assist you and you were able to come to Charleston and experience all the great services of the Market Pavilion Hotel and the area. I agree with you, no other better place in town to relax and enjoy the views from the Pavilion Bar high atop of the hotel. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your next visit.

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I do not have one thing bad to say about our stay at the Market Pavilion. From the time we arrived to the time we left we were treated like royalty. The check in process was seamless, and it was very busy due to Restaurant week - but the bellman took very good care of our car and luggage. We chose to stay on the concierge level - which was an absolute pleasure. I cannot say enough kind words about Melissa. She is the perfect example of going "above and beyond". She made our stay the best we have ever had in Charleston. It would be such a lose if she ever left. She is the reason that we will always pay more to stay on that level. She has a knack for remembering everyone’s name, and that speaks volumes to her dedication to her job.

The rooftop was amazing and it didn’t hurt that the weather was absolutely perfect – 75 in January = awesome!!

If you get the chance to stay here – I would absolutely recommend doing so! You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Choose the concierge level - you will not regret it!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Market Pavilion Hotel and your experience at the Pavilion Bar. I am happy to hear the bellman and the entire team took good care of you as you were able to experience the high level of service that the Market Pavilion has to offer all its guests. I will also pass on your kind comments to Melissa as she does enjoy remembering all her guests names and creating that extra personal touch service. We look forward to your next visit to Charleston and would love to welcome you back home to the Market Pavilion Hotel.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Market Pavilion Hotel over Martin Luther King weekend with a small group of friends. This was my first stay at the Market Pavilion, so I was a little unsure what to expect, other than the reviews I had read on TripAdvisor.

First off, the location couldn't be any better. Right in the middle of downtown Charleston, literally next door to the open-air Market. Walking distance to any number shops, restaurants and bars. Although, I highly recommend trying the restaurant that is in the hotel - Grill 225 - and the rooftop bar.

Grill 225 has some of the best steak that you will find in all of Charleston. We happened to be in the hotel during restaurant week and I can say that the restaurant was completely full on each of the 3 nights we stayed here. The restaurant is situated in the front of the hotel and shares the lobby. It's quite a unique layout and a very nice, relaxed dining experience.

If you like a little more upbeat atmosphere, you have to go to the rooftop bar. The bar is quite literally on the roof of the hotel, along with a pool and some of the best views in all of downtown. The food in the rooftop is just a delicious as the meals you'll receive in Grill 225.

The rooms were very nice, very well appointed. What appears to be teak hardwood flooring when you walk into the room, large bathroom with marble floors, tub and shower and I have to say that the water pressure is absolutely the best I have ever had in any hotel I've ever stayed. The bedding is phenomenal. Pillows and mattress made for some of the best sleep I've had in quite some time.

Finally service - couldn't be much better. Everyone from front desk staff to cleaning attendants, to the General Manager were very pleasant and accommodating. I have to call out two of the bartenders on the rooftop bar, Dave and Junior. The one night they served me the rooftop bar was completely full and they managed it all effortlessly and with a smile.

I look forward to my next trip to this hotel, definitely worth every penny!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and being our guest. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Market Pavilion Hotel. We are very fortunate to have the best location in Charleston. I am also so glad that you enjoyed Grill 225 and the Pavilion Bar. I will pass your kind comments to Dave and Junior at the Pavilion Bar. We receive many great comments about our guest rooms, so it’s nice that we were able to exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit and cannot wait to welcome you back to Charleston. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I had stayed here on 3 separate occasions now and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Grille 225 is beyond delicious(although you will pay for it), the service is everything you could ask for. Most recently we arrived on Thanksgiving and had the Thanksgiving buffet....we're planning to make a repeat trip next year. Pavilion Bar is a great time as well. Most recently our bartender Mat(I think that's his name) was fantastic. Not sure what else to say..can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for being a repeat guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. It is great to know that you enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with us at Grill 225 and we cannot wait to have you join us again. I will pass along your kind comments to our server Mat at the Pavilion Bar. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and I look forward to seeing you back at the Market Pavilion Hotel, Grill 225 and the Pavilion Bar.
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for my 30th birthday weekend and had a great time. Beautifully appointed rooms. Great robes and turndown service. Awesome location, didn't use our car the whole trip. Beautiful roof top bar and wonderful steak restaurant. Only 1 complaint...concierge was very rude. Went to talk to the him and he was on the phone. As soon as he got off instead of asking if we needed help or letting us know he needed to make another phone call, he picked up the phone and called someone else not even making eye contact with us. Isn't their job to go above and beyond for the customer?

• Stayed January 2013
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
First and foremost, Happy Birthday and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your Birthday weekend at the Market Pavilion Hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It’s great that you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar and your dining experience at Grill 225. With have the perfect location it makes it much easier to leave your car as we are within walking distance to almost anything you may need. I would like to apologize for the experience with our concierge as that is not indicative of the level of service we provide or that he normally provides. We will take the appropriate training steps to ensure it does not occur in the future and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charleston.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have recently traveled Charleston, South Carolina for a golf trip with friends. We stayed a the Market Pavillion hotel and golfed at 2 local golf courses. The Town of Charleston a quiet and lovely locations. The Hotel is located in a prime location, walking distance to everything a traveler would want. The hotel was beautiful and the food was excellent. the service was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone interested in staying in Charelston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and staying with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed this magical town and the many amenities it has to offer. With the Market Pavilion Hotel being on the corner of East Bay and Market it does provide the perfect location and walking distance to all attractions, restaurants and bars. We look forward to your return visit and having you stay with us again.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from Charleston after a three night stay. We have stayed at many of the nicer hotels in Charleston and this is now one of our favorites. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The location could not be better. We really enjoyed the morning pastries and the rooftop bar (which we have visited many times over the years). The $50 a day voucher was a great bonus. We will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MarketPavilion, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud to make all our guests comfortable and to provide you with the best possible guest experience. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar as a returning guest. It’s nice that you were able to enjoy the $50.00 food and beverage credit for the Pavilion Bar or Grill 225. We look forward to return visit and welcome you back to your new home in Charleston.

Been to Market Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!