“Best froyo I ever had - no exaggeration!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 843-277-2108
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Cece's Frozen Yogurt + Juice Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream, Café, Family Fare
Description: JUICE BAR + FROZEN YOGURT: Like no other frozen yogurt, Sweet CeCe's delights guests with its 14' tall "walk-in toppings silo"! Locally harvested farm-fresh berries, other natural and decadent toppings. The ultimate experience for premium frozen yogurt lovers! Sweet CeCe's also has no sugar added and gluten free frozen yogurt flavors! And NOW - try The Juice Bar at Sweet CeCe's. We use a hydraulic juice press which provides maximum nutrients, vitamins and minerals and helps to speed absorption. You can taste the difference!
Tampa, Florida
“Best froyo I ever had - no exaggeration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My fiance' and I sought this place out based on reviews. It was well worth the search. There are a TON of self serve froyo places where we live and we frequent them more than the average person. We have our favorites, but Sweet Cece's blew them all out of the water. We went there two days out of our 4 day stay. Super creamy and very true-to-flavor-posted taste. Super impressed and very good! It's located right by the downtown market so you can't miss it...and you shouldn't!

Visited August 2013
SweetCecesCharleston, Manager at Sweet Cece's Frozen Yogurt + Juice Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hi! We know its a little late; but, we just saw our last "thank you" response may not have made it to you! Anyway, in case it didn't... we are grateful for all guest feedback +/- and we take all comments very seriously. We are "tickled pink" you think so highly of our frozen yogurt quality - you made our day! We will share your comments with our Team Members.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Just ok, better places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Tried all the samples which they have to get for you. Nothing really jumped out at me and so I left. Toppings were ok in variety. Better place was SweetFrog yogurt.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eastover, South Carolina
“Sweet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Too many topping choices! The toppings were to die for...fresh, varied and delicious. My grandchildren mixed more toppings than they could eat. Be careful...you pay by the pound!

Visited July 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Yummy without so much guilt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We loved it. We loved the fact that it was lower fat. They have lots of fresh toppings , also. The manager was very friendly and explained the concept to us.

Visited July 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great FroYo Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'd never have gone here, in the heart of the tourist district on Market Street in downtown, if my son hadn't received a gift certificate from the summer reading program at the local library. Making the trip downtown and finding parking just to have some frozen yogurt is not something you do without a reason. Especially when there are a half-dozen places within 5 minutes of our Mount Pleasant home; all with ample parking. Yet today I found myself having to make an trip to the Market Pavilion Rooftop Bar and offered to take my son with me to cash in on his certificate. It was the perfect opportunity. I am very glad we made the extra stop.

I LOVE the atmosphere of this place. WAY beyond anything you'll find at Menchie's or TCBY. It fits perfectly with downtown. Quaint, but not pretentious. Personally I felt this was by far one of the nicest desert shops I've been in. It could have easily passed for an upscale coffee shop with over-priced coffee and gourmet deserts.

The service was perfect. Though there is not a lot of "service" at a self-serve froyo shop, the woman took the time to show us how the flavors are marked on the boards above the machines and what it meant. She also interacted with my son getting him thinking about how they fill their 20-foot-tall candy dispensers (he figured out the trick).

Pricing was fair. No more expensive than the high-volume places around town, which is amazing given how much more costly this space must be right on Market Street. Not too mention the decor.

The yogurt and toppings? All the toppings were fresh, though pretty much the same you get anywhere. The yogurt, however, was markedly better than any place else we've been. Far better than Menchie's and a step above TCBY (which was my favorite prior to today).

If you are into frozen treats this is well worth a visit.

I'll certainly be back, despite fighting traffic, parking, and the occasional flooding (depending on the weather, today was exceptionally bad) that is part of any journey into downtown Charleston.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SweetCecesCharleston, Manager at Sweet Cece's Frozen Yogurt + Juice Bar, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for your "sweet" review of our little frozen yogurt shoppe in downtown Charleston! We hope to see you all again real soon. Its a pleasure having great customers like you. It makes it all worth the effort!!! :)
Thanks again,