“Enjoyed our visit” 5 of 5 stars

Eastern NC
7 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I visited Morris Island Lighthouse on our recent visit to Charleston. It was a little further out (driving time) than I realized and then there was about a 1/4 mile walk to actually see the lighthouse. However, once you make the trek and top that sandy hill ~ there it is. It was my first visit to a lighthouse and I was not disappointed. We met a nice couple who took pictures of us and we returned the favor. The beach looked nice and there were people fishing but we were under time constraints and didn't have time to walk around. If you have no mobility issues and can handle a little walking I would recommend visiting here.

Visited September 2012

“Worth the walk!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

IF you are a beach lover like myself, this is a good attraction to see. The beach was deserted when my wife and I went, and we took some cool pictures while there. The walk was not bad at all, especially if you drag a chair and a few drinks out there and stay a little while.

Visited September 2012
Wichita, Kansas
25 attraction reviews
“nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It was a tad bit of hike to get to this but well worth it. Too bad we couldnt get closer to the light house. Great place to relax with the sound of the waves. Just watch out for all the branches laying around.

Visited October 2011
Indiana
34 attraction reviews
“Staying on Folly? Go.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Morris Island Lighthouse can be viewed after parking and walking about 1/4 of a mile. The walk is easy, and the view is nice. We grabbed Subway sandwiches and sat on some rocks while we ate. It's a pretty place for pictures, but I don't know that I'd go there if I wasn't staying on Folly. It's not really worth an extra drive since you're not close to the lighthouse once you've gotten to the beach. I've visited several lighthouses in Florida and Michigan that you can actually go in and enjoy, but it's still a nice side trip if you have the time.

Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't expect to see land”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It is a fabulous landmark just off Folly Beach with much history. The thing that surprised me is that there is no land around it. It's base is in desperate need of repair due to damage done by an earthquake.

Visited June 2012