“It's a winner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“It's a winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

After seeing the restaurant reviewed on Triple D- I planned on going when in the area. Great food and service. Very friendly. The fries are awesome.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Salisbury, North Carolina
“ECLECTIC ~ but it works!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We loved this place! It is truly the definition of ECLECTIC, but boy howdy does it work for them. We visited on a Saturday afternoon around 4 p.m., it was a perfect time, not too busy. A little note here, don't EVER worry about dressing up to visit this food shop, no need. I ordered the "Moose" Burger, made w/beef but some kind of special : )
Hubby had the Lowcountry Cuban sandwich. We switched off, 1/2 & 1/2, which we often do. The sandwiches were tasty and creative. Also shared a basket of "Duck Fat Fries". Ok, now here, just saying ~ ~ ~ they are potatoes fried in duck fat, not my favorite. But the other sides that we ordered, BBQ baked beans and Bleu Cheese Bacon Slaw, were delightful. Our 5 year old grandson had the basket o' corn dogs, it was fun watching him chow-down on them, big time. The kid is a connoisseur of corn dogs the way his YaYa is about crab cakes. Two thumbs up, Donovan says! Our daughter ordered the "Moose" Burger, as well ~ LOVED IT. The "Moose" also has a very nice, eclectic selection of beers. There is indoor and outdoor (front deck) dining. Going to be in Charleston? Ride on over to Morrison Drive and treat your taste buds to a culinary, yet different, delight.

“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped as soon as we got into the city! My husband heard about this place and was sold the minute he saw the menu! He ordered teh Ruban Sandwich....ah-mazing! I ordered the Southwest Salad...ah-mazing! The service was fast, and our server was very nice! This is totally the place to stop when you are wanting something quick and easy! We will be adding this back on our list for the next trip!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Loved the duck club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Duck club was awesome, service great as well. Off the beaten path but worth the trip. I will be back.

Visited June 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“GREAT FOOD! Stopped for a late lunch/early dinner w/ kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stopped around 3pm to grab a quick bite before we went in to the city for the evening. We had done a little research on the place through trip advisor and also found out it was on DD&D's (something we did not know prior to trip advisor). I quick checked thier facebook page to see if it was suitable to bring children and the response on the site given was, "Children are always welcome but we recommend you bring them during lunch, brunch, or early dinner as it does take on a bar atmosphere during the evening". When we showed up at 3 on a Friday there were several families w/ children. Having the kids was NOT an issue whatsoever. The crowd was fairly light at 3 and we were promptly seated. Our drink orders were taken immediately and the service was overall very good. We started things off with a basket of the roasted garlic and blue cheese fries and an order of corn dogs for the kids to split. The garlic/blue fries were FANTASTIC! Having a whole bulb of roasted garlic is a unique and definately tasty touch! My wife is not a huge fan of blue cheese but she LOVED these fries. I definately want to steal this recipe. My wife ordered the Low Country Cuban. Her sandwich was perfectly done and very delicious. The roasted pork was cooked to perfection. I had the Lucky #1 Sub. I'am serious when I say that this is one of the best sandwiches I have EVER eaten. The pork belly was melt in your mouth good. The kimchi was out of this world and the pile of cilantro and fresh cucumbers just put the icing on the cake for me! SO SO GOOD and SO SO HUGE! We ordered the kids a grilled cheese w/ bacon and split it between the two. Note to parents there is NOT a kids menu so be sure you can find something off the menu the kids might eat BEFORE you go. I would love to head back w/ out the kids and drink on the patio for a few hours and unwind. We definately started to see the "work crowds" start to pile in around 4:30-5. Its not a big place so be prepared to wait a little if you go during busy hours. The only wierd part of the whole experience was our waitress/waiter situaton. A man took our orders when we got there (pretty sure he was the bartender), then a different waitress brought the food and asked if we needed anything and helped us for the next few minutes, then we had yet another person come and check on us and took our check. We werent exactly sure who was who and where the tip was going but they were all friendly and helpful. If we are ever in the area again we will DEFINATELY go back. I'm going to dream of the Lucky #1 for sometime.