“Great stay for our 10 Year Anniversary!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Williamson, Georgia
“Great stay for our 10 Year Anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We initially chose this hotel because it had recently opened and offered an affordable rate. After our stay, we are highly impressed by the staff and facilities. Every member of the staff we interacted with went above and beyond to be helpful and kind. They even arranged for me to receive roses and champagne with two glasses as a surprise from my husband on the evening of our anniversary! The valet parking service is included for every guest with your parking fee. The Meeting Room restaurant on site has an excellent breakfast. The only draw back that we saw is that the hotel is on the edge of where the city's restoration has reached. Everything was still easily within walking distance, and I feel sure that the restoration efforts will soon reach the hotel's area. A wonderful place to stay with a great staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Happy 10th anniversary, I'm glad we could share the special day.
Thank you for your kind words following your stay. As you pointed out we are in the middle of the redevelopment of the North end of town. Currently there is so much going on we are just pleased to be part of the huge changes in the area.
We all hope to welcome you back on any future visit to Charleston.
Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

With its great location (easy walking to lots of sites, shopping, dining) in historic Charleston, coupled w/ the clean, modern décor of the hotel and its rooms, I was overjoyed at having chosen to stay at this particular Holiday Inn on my recent visit. Sure, there are a few nearby roads that you may not be as comfortable strolling down, but for the price (excluding the lousy required parking fee), the value and location are spot-on. The first face we encountered upon our arrival was a young fellow valeting, and while he exuded that classic, friendly charm, I found it a bit odd that his tongue was bright blue from having recently eaten a lollipop or drank a blue energy drink; seemed out of character, but he gave us fantastic dining suggestions and seemed to take pleasure in his job. The gal at the Front Desk was equally as friendly, but nobody made as much of an impression on us as the gentleman waiting tables at the lobby restaurant late in the evening. (We were the only people dining, and even though he may have wanted to clean, re-stock or close up for the night, he continued to offer us tapas suggestions, along w/ friendly chat.) I wish that I could remember his name so that I could recognize him for his dedication to delivering a really memorable experience to his guests!
The room: very clean, very comfortable! The view was just pitiful, and the curtains didn't work, so not only we were subjected to the most hideous view of construction (it is what it is, the nature of that part of town undergoing a cosmetic overhaul), but we had bright beaming morning sun blaring through the window. Maybe being forced out of bed early was a good thing b/c it gave us the opportunity to stroll down King Street during a relatively quiet morning to find a quaint breakfast spot. Would I stay here again and recommend it? Absolutely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad our team delivered the guest experience we hope to offer all our guests. I am guessing your server in the restaurant was Jesse, he is one of a kind and comes to work each evening with one goal in mind, ensuring his guests enjoy the best experience while dining in the Meeting Room and Tapas Bar.
I was sorry to read about your curtains. All our rooms have black out drapes which actually eliminate all outside light, if you could contact me with your room number I will personally check that they were correctly installed.
On closing I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Charleston.
Kind regards,
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't remember the last time I've stayed at a Holiday Inn. I chose this property due to its price, location and cleanliness. The property is brand new so it is immaculate. The staff is fantastic and Tammy at the front desk made sure that we had an excellent stay from check in to check out (thanks Tammy!). The price was unbeatable in comparison to other properties in downtown. We were also traveling with a baby and the walk to anywhere in charleston was a breeze. I will definitely be staying here on future trips to charleston. Thanks for a comfortable, clean and affodable stay for my family.

• Stayed October 2013
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you.
I am so pleased you found the hotel to your liking. While we are nearly one year old it takes a great team to ensure it looks new and clean.
I am thankful to work with a wonderful group of people who truly care that our guests have the best experience when staying in Charleston.
Tammy is a standout player and has been acknowledged in many reviews and we all value her contribution to the success of the hotel.
Reading reviews such as yours makes all the team pumped up to deliver again.
We all thank you and can't wait to welcome you back.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel is new and the rooms very nice. The parking is a bit pricey. The room request, was disregarded. The internet works great, the flat screen and workspace very nice. Comfortable and quiet. There is a bar and there is a restaurant in the hotel. Wonderful bathroom.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a room away from elevators. Be sure to have them confirm the type of room you reques...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent visit.
I am sorry to read you did not receive the type of room you requested, whenever any guest makes a request we certainly try to do all we can, to ensure we fulfill it.
On a happier note I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations and stay.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I loved my stay at this beautiful, new Holiday Inn! The rooms are clean and pleasant, and I enjoyed the pool area very much. The staff was very helpful. from the valets to the front desk. Tammy at the desk was especially helpful in choosing restaurants and making reservations for us. I would stay here again on another visit to Charleston!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind words following your recent stay. We strive to provide the finest accommodations and service, and I am pleased to read, you received both.
I am also glad you took the time to acknowledge Tammy. She comes to work and does a great job everyday, and we value her contribution to the hotel.
On closing, we all hope to see you when you next visit Charleston.
Many thanks,
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while we explored Charleston. It is a hood location on the edge of the Historic area right on Meeting Street. It is a good walk down to the market area but not difficult if you like to walk. There is a trolley that goes up and down the street that you can hop on as well as pedi bikes that you can take. We did take the pedibike back to the hotel one night which was nice. Hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful from check in to the valet service as well as the restaurant. We had breakfast there which was good too. Parking was included in our stay. I believe we had a deal when we booked. The valet service parked the vehicle for us and brought it to us when requested. Parking is at a premium downtown so this was nice. There is a pool there which we did not use although we saw others using it. We were in a room that was designed for people with disabilities which even though we did not require it I certainly could see that this would be appreciated by others. The pool also has a lift to assist those in to the pool.
Wifi was free as well.
The view from our room overlooked the pool and the tops if some older buildings. We had a small balcony which we liked. View not great but did not bother us as we were out and about most of the time. Price was good certainly compared to others downtown. Would recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review following your recent stay.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and our good location.
I think we offer the best value of all the hotels in Downtown Charleston, and we all hope to welcome you back on any future visit.
Kind regards,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 5 nights in October 2013 and had a wonderful experience.
1. Yes, the hotel is on the edge of a run-down neighborhood, but do not let that scare you. The hotel is ONE block from King Street with all the restaurants, bars and nightlife. We walked around the block every night and never had a problem.
2. The hotel is about 4 blocks north of Marion square and there is a trolly/shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel every 20-30 minutes that can take you downtown or to the battery.
3. The hotel has a small outdoor pool, gym, laundry machines, drink/snack machines, etc
4. The hotel is very clean! It still feels brand new.
5. The staff is amazing - Valet, front desk, cleaning crew and restaurant servers/bartenders.
6. Valet has in/out privileges

The staff at the hotel really made our trip enjoyable - always with a smile!

Room Tip: The handicap room has a huge shower
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
It was great to read your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Providing clean, comfortable accommodations with exceptional guest service is our number one goal, and I am glad we delivered.
On any future visit to Charleston, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Many thanks.

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!