“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overall very happy with our stay. Teresa in housekeeping went out of her way to help with a coffee stain incurred on our trip to the hotel. Talked to her in the hallway and 1hr later my jeans were returned folded (without coffee stain) on my bed. She was more than helpful and was the epitome of customer service.

Rooms were brand new and clean and were within reasonable walking distance from Market St and Battery. Valet staff very friendly and fast, although would have liked a more competent "check-in" front desk attendant (don't recall her name but seemed annoyed with inquiries- not sure if she was new).

Make sure to see Dan at hotel bar, super nice and had great recommendations of places to visit - plus he mixed some great cocktails.

Be prepared for heavy construction around the site, but a non-issue for those wanting to see the local touristy spots (Market and King st)

We will be back for service like Dan and Teresa - great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted Dan and Theresa provided you with great guest service. I will ensure they are acknowledged for their good work.
I am however, dissapointed we failed to deliver at the front desk.
If you would be kind enough to drop me an email with the approximate time and date you checked in I will be able to address the matter with the appropriate team member.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.
david@hihistoric.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful visit to my favorite city Charleston,and have stayed at many of the best hotels in the downtown area but wow...we had the best service I think I have ever had at this Holiday Inn..From the minute we arrived we were treated so nice and the hotel is new to this area of Charleston and beautifully decorated and clean..the valet young men were so nice and friendly and very helpful..our room was great very boutique style hotel would recommend this to anyone traveling to this area ...It was alittle further down Meeting Street than we have ever stayed but they are building all around this area and the street behind the hotel is Kings Street which is some of the best shopping and dining in the city ...we will be back hopefully very soon...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for leaving such a pleasant review following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel, service provided and our location.
We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Thanks.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We really enjoyed the location, being so close to everything. The Hotel was well maitained and all the staff were very friendly and our rooms were always clean when we got back from the day out. My wife and I really loved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Ed D,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the hotel.
I am delighted both you and your wife enjoyed your visit.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great location, great staff and the hotel is very well maintained. We just loved the convenience of the location, right in the middle of Charleston, next to the park. It was a great stay and I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and our location.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Charleston.
Thanks.
Jupiter, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I were in Charlston a few weeks ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was wonderful and exceeded all of our needs. All staff acknowledged us in all public areas. Our room was beyond clean! We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nancy and Mark,
Thank you for leaving such a complimentary review following you stay.
We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay and I am happy you received great guest service.
Many thanks.
ELKIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked a room last minute so we could meet up with family for the weekend and what a pleasant surprise this hotel turned out to be. Although it is located several blocks from the market the walk was easy and pleasant. The hotel staff was VERY FRIENDLY AND ACCOMODATING!!
Yes you have to pay for parking but it is very reasonable given where you are and it's valet!!!
The hotel is rather new - decor is beautiful and it's one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. Would LOVE to go back and hope to make it a longer visit next time!!

Room Tip: might want to ask for a room facing the area toward the market - the historic skyline view
Dear Kim P,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay.
I am glad to read you enjoyed your visit.
While we are located a few blocks North of the market area I am glad you enjoyed the walk. I am also pleased to say that there is a complimentary shuttle available directly across the street from the hotel.
I will share your kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and the service you received with my staff.
My thanks once again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel right off Meeting st. Few minutes drive to many attraction and food locations. The room was very clean. The staff was great. The front desk was easy, even with late check in. Valet had the car quick every time. I would stay here next time I'm in Charleston.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeff B,
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Thanks

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!