“Happily surprised” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Timonium, Maryland
“Happily surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last weekend (Feb 22 til Feb 25) for a getaway weekend. I was really just looking for a clean, convenient, and affordable hotel. We never stay much time in the room so I wasnt looking for 5 star. I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up. We were greeted by a valet guy with an umbrella and a smile. The lobby was very modern and the staff friendly. We were earlier and that wasnt a problem at all... the room was ready. The entire place has been updated and it shows. I really don't have one negative thing to say. I did think it would be a little bit closer to the "downtown" part but the walk allowed us to see more of King Street and Meeting Street. The desired area is only a mile long so nothing is that far away. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again myself!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a comprehensive review following your recent visit.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will ensure I share your kind comments with my staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Charleston.
Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I held an alumni reception this past Wednesday night and from the second I stepped onto the property early on Wednesday morning until my check-out on Thursday morning the hotel made me and my guests feel like kings. They went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure every detail was covered and no stones were left unturned. The staff was warm, friendly and very helpful no matter the situation. The ambience and decor was welcoming. The rooms were very modern and spacious. The catering area did a great job with the execution of the event and was well worth the money spent. The food was excellent at the reception and the bartenders were very polite and efficient with their service and delivery.

I will definitely be back at this hotel for business and personal usage. Well worth the value. Great job to everyone involved in making my companies event and my job just that much more easier.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Chris,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at the hotel.
We were delighted to host your event and it was a pleasure meeting you.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I got away for a romatic weekend, and becuas eshe had never been to Charleston I though it might be a good choice, and while visiting in the spring or fall may have been a better idea, the staff at the Holiday Inn Historic Charleston made our visit easy and amazing!

This inexpensive hotel had it all. An amazing staff, a clean hotel, and great value. Thank you

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Yarmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed while checking out the downtown area of this charming city. The check in was simple and fast and the room was clean and spacious. We had a king bedroom, with flat screen tv and lounging chair. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows we have come to enjoy. The lobby had computers to use; we didn't try the bar and restaurant, thought they looked nice. There is no self parking lot; you have to use the valet for an extra charge of $16, but they were fast, courteous and helpful in recommending activities in the city. It isn't right in downtown; it is about 10 blocks from Market Street and all the shops/bars there. We very much enjoyed the walk, since when we were downtown earlier in the day, we found parking to be a premium there.

We would definitely stay here again. Great quality facility and staff!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear RSoxfamily2011,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind comments with the staff of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed in almost every hotel in Charleston over the past decade, and this is hands-down my favorite for the value and the service. The rooms and common areas are fresh and well decorated, the service was the friendliest I've experienced in Charleston (and that's saying a great deal, because Charleston is a very hospitable city). We didn't have time to check out the dining room, which is a shame, because I've heard that it has a great chef. Walking distance to all of Charleston historic area, and especially the upper King Street area, which has a plethora of great new restaurants. There is a heated outdoor pool on the 2nd floor, almost warm enough to swim in on a chilly February day. I'll definitely stay here next time I visit Charleston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. Charleston certainly has a huge choice of fine hotels and restaurants, and I am delighted we are your favourite.
On your next visit please dine at "The Meeting Room and Tapas Bar" our fine restaurant, I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
Given the choices in town we trully appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great place to stay! Service was impeccable with a friendly staff that really defines "southern hospitality'! I mean, how often are you greeted in the lobby of a hotel by it's manager?! Restaurant was wonderful and the rooms themselves were beautiful! You can't beat the location, the staff, or the hotel itself! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your great comments following your recent stay. We are all absolutely delighted you enjoyed the service at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, exceptionally clean room and very well located. We had late afternoon snacks in the restaurant and had a wonderful experience there - we definitely would have eaten dinner there if we had more time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Droppinout,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
On any future visit to Charleston I hope you will have more time to enjoy the fabulous food served in our restaurant "The Meeting Room and Tapas Bar."
We are fortunate to have two of the finest chefs in Charleston on board, delivering outstanding food and service.
Thank you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!