My husband and I recently stayed at the Church Street Inn. After initially parking in the nearby garage ($20/day) ourselves, we used the valet service twice - once to sightsee, once leaving town. When we arrived home, we noticed a yellow scrape of paint along the driver side passenger door. Apparent to us it was from scraping a yellow pole in the garage. From parking the car ourselves, we know the garage is very tight. I contacted Church Street Inn, no help there. The lady I spoke with said there was no damage upon our leaving our car with the valet service (they do an inspection), but also said surveillance cameras in the garage do not show the car hitting anything. I have tried to contact the garage personnel myself. I find it strange that they would go through hours of surveillance footage, but not return a phone call. The damage is not extensive (a little dent, I think we'll be able to get the yellow paint off), but it is very disappointing that responsibility was not taken for this.
There are comparable places to stay in Charleston, next time we will try one of them. We have learned to 1) park our car ourselves if at all possible and 2) inspect our car immediately after it is valet parked.
The room was OK, it needed a more thorough cleaning (walls beside the sink and baseboards were grimey, smudges on the wall, etc.) We had the problem another guest referred to with the TV, my husband hit a wrong button and we had to call the front desk to get a TV signal again. The shower faucet handle came loose after we turned the water on and we were about to call the front desk when we figured how to stick it back on and shut the water off. Housekeeping is only twice a week. The furnishings are dark and heavy, not to my taste. The location of the Church Street Inn is great. Wish they served breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the corner of Church and Market Streets where Charleston's famed market area hums with activity, Church Street Inn and its plush one- and two-bedroom townhomes are elegantly designed in a style reminiscent of a time gone by. Charleston holds a magical place in history and the city's diverse character stems from three centuries of American-European-Caribbean traditions.Church Street Inn is within easy walking distance of magnificent homes, art museums, exquisite restaurants and chic boutiques. Ghost tours and historic walking tours are a "must do" while in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Church Street Inn, by Festiva Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Church Street Inn, By Festiva Hotel Charleston
- Church Street Inn Charleston Sc