My husband and I spent 2 days at the resort as a birthday/anniversary mini-vacation. This resort is in the middle of everything! We left our car in the garage and walked everywhere. We stayed in a unit that was 2 stories. Downstairs was a very nice kitchen, a half bath and living room/dining room. Upstairs was the spacious master suite. It had a king bed (very comfy), a hugh bathroom with a jacuzzi, and a balcony that overlooked the market. From the outside you would never know there was a balcony - it was that well hidden.
The staff, especially Chuck, were wonderful. The lobby floor was unique with its brick flooring and design. The lobby is sort of an open design and since this Inn is only 2 stories we used the staircase instead of the elevator. Between the staircase and elevator is a beautiful fountain and out the back door was a wonderful courtyard with fountain.
I know they have been doing renovations to the property for the past few years but you can tell there is some wear and tear. I have heard that some of the units that have been renovated are very nice. Our unit, while very nice with amenities, showed signs of wear and tear. We were told it had been renovated in the past 2 years. We also noticed in our unit that the water pressure was very low.
All in all we liked the property and would recommend it to anyone. It does have protential to be a very posh resort if they would be more attentive to the maintance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the corner of Church and Market Streets where Charleston's famed market area hums with activity, Church Street Inn and its plush one- and two-bedroom townhomes are elegantly designed in a style reminiscent of a time gone by. Charleston holds a magical place in history and the city's diverse character stems from three centuries of American-European-Caribbean traditions.Church Street Inn is within easy walking distance of magnificent homes, art museums, exquisite restaurants and chic boutiques. Ghost tours and historic walking tours are a "must do" while in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Church Street Inn, by Festiva Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Church Street Inn, By Festiva Hotel Charleston
- Church Street Inn Charleston Sc