“STUNNING & CHARMING INN WITH WHITE GLOVE SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Meeting Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Two Meeting Street Inn
2 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Charlestowne)   |
Ranked #3 of 44 Charleston B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“STUNNING & CHARMING INN WITH WHITE GLOVE SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE is how I'd summarize my experience at Two Meeting Street Inn! I have VERY high standards and this inn EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS in every way!
The perfect location, luxurious accommodations, well kept common areas, superb food (5-Star quality in my opinion) and the AMAZING STAFF made me fall in love and take the time to write this review.

I had a VERY difficult time departing although I stayed for 5 nights, could have EASILY stayed another week! I was highly impressed with breakfast, afternoon tea, willingness to pamper me asking if I needed absolutely anything, i.e. taxis, dinner reservations, fresh tea at any moment, assistance with planning activities, etc. This Inn has ZERO room for improvement and I hesitate to brag too much as I'm concerned about my own selfish future vacancy issues as I want to keep it as my little hidden gem! ;)

The staff blew me away even before my arrival! Wendy is AMAZING and it's funny how I got to know her prior to my stay as I'm a planner and called the Inn a few times asking random questions, even to the point where I knew I was annoying, lol! Wendy was super knowledgeable, pleasant and patient, and definitely made positive impression on me. i was further impressed upon meeting her in person! Christine was another lovely lady who I got to know and enjoy, who often went above and beyond to assist me in every way. Also, since I was traveling solo, I had a great opportunity to converse with many of the other ladies on staff (how I regret not remembering all their names) and felt a genuine fondness of them all. Heck, even the gentleman on staff who handles various facilities requests was so kind and friendly!

I also had the lovely experience with meeting the classy and gracious owner/innkeeper, Miss Jean, who took the time to shower all the guests with her lovely charming southern hospitality, sharing stories of Charleston's history and even personal events with such a genuine touch. I can see why her Inn is such a success, as she even treats her staff like family!

In closing, I honestly feel you will not go wrong staying here as TWO MEETING STREET INN IS PERFECTION AT ITS FINEST!!!

God willing, I WILL be a regular every year! :)

JM from NYC

P.S. The wrap around porch was simply a piece of heaven! You can just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the trees, flowers and park view, get lost in a good book, or chat with friendly guests and staff (btw, another great feature of this inn is there was no obligation to chat with others during breakfast or afternoon tea which was a nice option and made me truly relaxed)! I am a social butterfly, so it was enjoyanle for me, however, I know some folks prefer keeping to themselves which is fine--my point is this inn works for all!).

Room Tip: You will be pleased with any room, trust me, the entire inn is well kept and immaculate! Each room h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rosemount, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Two Meeting Street Inn for a week and we loved every minute of it. We stayed in the Queen Anne room and found it beautifully appointed and comfortable. A refrigerator for the floor is located just outside the door and around the corner, perfect for keeping a bottle of wine or some ice cream handy. The inn itself is drop-dead gorgeous and kept immaculately clean. Breakfasts were varied, generous, and delicious. One can have breakfast in the dining room, on the porch, or at one of the intimate garden tables. Breakfast is served individually, so you don't have to be there at a set time or be assigned a specific seating as in some other B&B's. The spread for afternoon tea changed every day, had multiple offerings, and was always good. A decanter of sherry is always available, and a perfect way to end the day on the wrap-around porch. Perhaps the most outstanding feature for us was the incredible hospitality of the owners and staff. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. Over and over again we were delighted with the hospitality and service. Breakfast and afternoon tea were served to us graciously. If we asked for a wine glass or something from the kitchen it was brought to our room without asking. Reservations were made promptly and correctly. Once, when a taxi failed to show on time for a trip to one of the more northern restaurants, Kay whisked us off to the restaurant in her own car. We have stayed in Inns across the country and know what to expect from a B&B experience. The Two Meeting Street Inn exceeded all of our expectations. We WILL be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is the most perfect location if you are staying in Historic downtown charleston! You will LOVE rocking on the front porch... I just wanted to stay there all day. It is very quiet at night and safe to walk around. You can see the water from the view and the park is right across the the street. We went to restaurants on Queen St. which is just up the road and walking distance from this Inn. it is a more expensive Inn but you will truly enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: We stayed in the music room which is on the first floor and enjoyed not having to go up and down sta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed being at this Inn. The location is near the water and across the street from a park. From the porch, you can sit in a rocking chair and watch dogs play in the park, read, or just sit, which I enjoyed. The staff here is very accommodating and will make every attempt to make sure you are well taken care of. They seemed very committed to southern hospitality, which is a change from most establishments these days. The Inn has an old wealth feel to it, but it's not pretentious. The breakfast was wonderful, the sweet treats at tea time were on par with mom's. All the Charleston sites are within walking distance. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Rome, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Two Meeting Street in June of 2013 and were very happy with both the Inn, property and staff. The inn has a wonderful location at the end of Meeting Street just across from Battery Park. It's quiet and convenient. While the rates are not for the budget traveler I'd recommend Two Meeting Street Inn to anyone looking for lovely and unusual Bed & Breakfast in Charleston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
newnan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The place was just what we expected, the location was wonderful, the exterior and gardens picturesque. It is pricey, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it. We had the room with the detached bath...it was quaint, and really not an inconvenience. The staff were outstanding, made us feel very special. I guess you can say " you get what you pay for"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Two Meeting Street Inn is a beautiful historic home located in a quiet residential area. My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with our experience. We stayed in the "Granite Room" on the third floor. The room was clean and cozy. Hospitality is at its best at this Inn. From the minute we arrived, we were swept off our feet and taken care of until the minute we left. The entire staff was welcoming, friendly, and extremely helpful. Breakfast and afternoon tea served on the large porch overlooking the Battery was a highlight. The food was all phenomenal, but our favorites were the cakes. Location is outstanding as you are right on the park and within walking distance to many of Charleston's best restaurants. We can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Two Meeting Street Inn? Share your experiences!