“Great Atmosphere. Great Service. Very Good Food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Atmosphere. Great Service. Very Good Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Love the large dining area and warm feel of the restaurant. The crispy pimento cheese is yum! I decided on the fish that was on the menu but when I place my order I was told there was a fish substitution. No problem but if fish changes regularly they should consider it a special. I look forward to returning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charleston, South Carolina
“Okay, but I would give it another try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

It may have been because of the craziness of wine and food festival, but I was expecting it to be better. The atmosphere and service were stellar! Food was under seasoned an sub par. We had high expectations because of other reviews from friends so we will try again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the interior,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was good, not great as I would have thought with all the hype. The reason that we will remember this restaurant is more because of the server. He did his job, he was polite, almost confederate soldier stiff. But the oddest part of his service was, while we were still drinking our wine he took the check. There shouldn't have been a rush to get us out, it was a sunday night about 7:30, nobody was waiting and there were empty tables.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good atmosphere, great service, delicious brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We went for a group brunch and had fabulous service. Everyone enjoyed their meals although some portions were a bit smaller than anticipated. Bloody Mary's were good and overall everything was enjoyed. The grits were a hit as were the huevos with chorizo.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“A Lively and Delicious Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband received a gift certificate to this restaurant for his birthday. We really enjoyed all the food we tasted (which was alot because we figured with the gift certificate the first $60 was "free"). The waitress was very knowledgeable and explained the menu. The Crispy Pimento Cheese, Cauliflower Casserole, the Banana Pudding Parfait was all yummy. As were our soup and salad and entrees. My one complaint was that entree portions are very small. That may be fine for beef, especially if you have had an app and salad, but my piece of fish was tiny!!! As it was delicious I was really hoping for more. We did mention this to the server and that's when she told us the portion size of all entrees is 4 1/2 ou. I have heard that since then the servers announce the size at the beginning. It would be nicer if they increased the size to 6 oz or lowered the price. We still would probably eat there again but now we know.

• Visited February 2013