“Small rooms, but good for your budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charleston South

You added Motel 6 Charleston South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Charleston South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2058 Savannah Highway, I-526 at US 17, Charleston, SC 29407   |
Ranked #52 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Philadelphia
“Small rooms, but good for your budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

We spent two nights at this Motel 6. Because one night was a weekend night, this motel was the most affordable compared to others. The room was clean, including the bathroom, although the carpet and linoleum in the bathroom were a bit worn. The room was on the small side, with a strong smell of air freshener. Based on the reviews listed here, we requested a room that was not facing the highway and had no problems with noise. They have a coin washer and dryer (we didn't get to use them but would've if we knew ahead of time), and free coffee in the mornings. We didn't get to use the pool, but the leaves in the pool blown in by the strong winds were cleaned up by the next day. If I had a bigger budget, I would stay elsewhere, but for this price I'd consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

Stayed here as I couldn't afford to stay in downtown Charleston. Was a good location, taxi into town for a night out wasn't too expensive. When we were knackered there were places to eat (not very exciting plkaces but they did the trick) and a piggly wiggly within walking distance. Room was clean and on arrival lady was nice and gave us lots of maps and stuff. Good location to drive to downtown and Magnolia Plantation from here.

• Stayed March 2005
Savannah, Ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

My Husband and I traveled to Charleston, SC for a pleasure trip (Golf and Shopping). We stayed at the Motel 6 on Savannah Hwy 17 for it's location.
This was the Second time we have stayed at this location. The first time we stay we were assigned to a room directly in front of I 526 emerging traffic.
The second time was just recently and we were assigned that same area of rooms, after I deliberately asked not to be put in that area again. For the most part the rooms were clean and accessible to pretty much everything including noise.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2004

I don't know who wrote the other reviews for this hotel, but do not listen to them. My husband and I decided to save a buck or two by staying here...not a good decision. Within 5 minutes of being in the room, we decided to leave and go elsewhere. The bright blue carpet in our room had been cleaned (2 days prior is what we were told) and was still wet and bleeding. I now have two pairs of socks that are stained blue on the bottom. The room was not clean and there wasn't an iron and ironing board in the room. There was a large gap around the outside of the door, letting in all kinds of sunlight and the wind whistled through it. The only thing good that I can say about this hotel is that the staff was wonderful about understanding our dissatisfaction and refunding our money. Trust me - spend the $100-$120 a night to stay somewhere else. You won't regret it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

Nice pool, very nice staff. Price was down right cheap. You cannot go wrong.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

My husband and I went to Charleston for the first time recently, and needed a cheap place to stay. We decided to stay at the Motel 6 and booked the room for $45/night. I was glad to see that the motel was not in a scary neighborhood, although it is right next to the highway. There are lots of restaurants nearby and it is fairly convenient to downtown Charleston (approx 10 minute drive). My relatives stayed 5 minutes up the road at a Holiday Inn and paid over $150/night for a basic room. Be sure to request a room away from the highway-we switched rooms aftert he first night and it made a huge difference. The rooms are very basic, but if you are looking for simple safe accomodations -this could be your place. We were able to spend the money we saved on fun stuff like carriage rides and dinners out!

Been to Motel 6 Charleston South? Share your experiences!