“A little sketchy....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe

Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe
474 Savannah Highway 17S, Charleston, SC (French Quarter)
Website
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A little sketchy....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We got this on groupon, heard it was one of the best restaurants in the area. We went to the one 474 Savannah Hwy in central Charleston. It was sketchy to say the least. Very run down, couldn't find a health score sign anywhere. The staff was not very nice, but we ordered anyway. Food was very good, but I was just creeped out by the state of the place. I am sure it is very nice when the owner is around. I saw photos on the walls and could tell he worked hard to start up these stores...but this place needs a serious cleaning and restaffing if you ask me. I have worked in the food service industry for 6 years and I will not be back here.

Visited September 2012

81% Recommend
Mt Pleasant
“Great to take the kids for lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I like this place because the food is big and cheap! It's a menu found in your own kitchen, so no surprises when you get your food! Great burgers-really, really, really big. Love their fries and oh the ice cream!

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best BLT i've had and really great Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went there not once, but twice to enjoy the BLT...it is a double decker so be warned! Though it isn't gigantic and filled me up just fine. I think it is the way they so neatly put the shredded lettuce, tomato, bacon and mayo all together on 4 piece of bread that makes it so delicious. I also had their butter pecan ice cream on a waffle cone which also was of course delicious.

The first time I went was through the drive-thru and the second time was inside. It is very quaint inside, not very large...there is also some outdoor seating, but it was quite hot out.

Overall it was by far the best BLT I have had, simple and sweet and it is a great place for other foods as well. My mother has a burger, which she enjoyed and my dad had the Philly Cheese Steak which he also liked, I would certainly pay a visit to it if you are in the area!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Banana Splits big enough for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

A lively crew dishes up generous scoops and delicious toppings for their Traditional banana splits, priced reasonably and worth every penny. They use Blue Bell ice cream, which I agree is the best ice cream in the country. My friend had the hot fudge sundae which she described as yummy and too big. Note that they use whipped topping, not whipped cream but it didn't bother me. Lots of other ice cream flavors. They also serve burgers, but I came for ice cream and left happy, though I couldn't finish my traditional banana split. My eyes were larger than my stomach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Flavors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

The nice thing about vacation is you can splurge and try 2 ice cream shops in one day. We went to both Wholly Cow and Ye Ole Fashioned today. If you like creamy ice cream then WC is better but YOF was packed full of flavor making it our personal favorite. You can't go wrong with either though so enjoy whichever is closer!