“Great neighborhood restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
TN
“Great neighborhood restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I ate at La Tabella for the 1st time on my most recent Charleston trip & loved it. My Aunt recommended it and I'm glad she did. The casual atmosphere is just what we wanted but don't let that fool you. The food is far from casual. It's delicious and the service is excellent. If you're looking for fresh & delicious Italian fare along w/ multiple choices (I had the fish special which I loved!), this is the place for you. They have an excellent wine selection & a full bar. Add this to your list of off the beaten path places in this great town!

• Visited July 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“What a great dinner tonight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is my fourth time a La Tabella . The food keeps getting better and better. This is a hidden gem. Two of us had the mussels, one had soft shell crab and my husband had seafood delmar with red sauce. The staff is very accommodating. My husband does not like white sauce, so they completed his meal in red sauce. In the past we have had desserts and they are to die for. Chad, our waiter was excellent. In the past we have had Caryn. You would never know that this restaurant in a small shopping center by the Piggy Wiggly would be so great. I believe Bill Sharpe of channel Five has a regular table here, we keep running into him. Guess you can almost call us "regulars".

• Visited April 2012
Charleston, SC
“Always a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food here is always well prepared and delicious!

• Visited April 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“okay, but not memorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice little restaurant located in a strip mall on James Island, right outside of the City of Charleston. Service was quick and efficient, but food was not memorable. I had caprese salad to start with lasagna and a glass of merlot for entre. The caprese had a thick balsamic vinagrette drizzled across the tomatoes and mozzarella. It was sweeter than what I like. The basil was not fresh bits, but in a liquid form which didn't give the salad the flavor it should. The huge meal of lasagna arrived hot, but as far as flavor is concerned, it didn't have that nice authentic italian flavor. The tomato sauce was lacking, but the portion was big. The bread that came with dinner came hot and the waitress drizzled olive oil on a plate, but the bread was also flat - not worth seconds. All things considered: portion size, quality, price, service, I wouldn't go back.

• Visited March 2012