“Awesome donuts!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cubs_Fan_In_Florida
“Awesome donuts!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped here on our way out of town. The donuts are amazing! The maple glazed with bacon was my favorite. I was the first one through the door when they opened for the day and there were at least ten people behind me when I turned around after ordering--they're that good!! My husband was very disappointed there was only half a donut left in the box when we got home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mt Pleasant, sc
“Put Atkins Diet on Shelf....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

For just a day , and go get the best donuts in CHS !!!

Ok, I still can not muster the courage to eat bacon on a glazed donut , but I am sure you can as well as everyone else I see. No worries though Glazed has :

Rasberry
Mocha
Chocolate Covered Cherry
and GLAZED of course

The donuts change frequently so check web site and they sell out quick.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Glazed Doughnuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow - Bacon on a doughnut. We didn't know what to choose so we took all flavours that day (6). They were absolutely worth the calories!!! Again right on King Street.

Visited July 2013
“Must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived about 15 minutes before they opened on Saturday morning and were glad that we did. A long line of about 20 people formed about 5 minutes prior to opening and by the time we ordered, the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. The doughnuts were fantastic...We got several and halved them in order to try more variety as they are each pretty big. The peanut butter and chocolate ones were out of this world. Check the hours and plan your schedule around when they're open...you won't regret giving it a try!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never open....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I tried three separate days to have a donut at Glazed Gourmet Donuts. Their posted sign says they are open until 3:00 or when they run out of donuts. In three days they were not opened past noon. Maybe if you are a local you make a point to be there first thing in the morning, but not me on vacation. This place is either trying to not keep up with demand by only baking enough donuts to be open a few hours daily or the owner is lazy. I can't quite figure it out. The reviews say the donuts are fantastic and in fairness I didn't have one but I rated this place low overall for never being open.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Allison S, Owner at Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi there,

This is Allison, owner of Glazed. Thank for attempting to try Glazed! I am so sorry you were not able to.
We do run out of doughnuts often, and that is part of our business!
We make everything from scratch everyday, which is very, very rare for a doughnut shop. We arrive at Glazed every morning at 3am, and our process takes about 4 hours. We can only make so many doughnuts of our quality at a time. I believe in quality over quantity, and I will never lower our standards just to meet demand. I am sorry that you can not appreciate that.
Also, we try to be very accommodating. We try our very best to make our doughnuts available! If you would have just given us a call, we would have been more than happy to reserve however many doughnuts you'd like, or even deliver. We also offer curbside pick up!
I also always welcome anyone to come join us for a morning to see our process before passing judgement on our business model or work ethic.
I hope if you are ever in town again you able to come by Glazed and enjoy a doughnut!

Allison