“Very Refreshing ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Bakery, Belgian, Ice Cream, Café
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Description: Traditional fresh homemade gelato inspired by Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato stands for true classic flavors that are created from the highest quality honest ingredients. A wide range of specialty coffees go perfectly with the fresh baked Belgian Butter Croissants coming out of the oven every morning. Our Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and welcoming customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious Belgian Gelato!
New York City, New York
“Very Refreshing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great coconut cream gelato on a hot day!! Very clean and presentable. Check them out and sample the various flavor gelatos.

Indianapolis
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the best Gelato on the peninsula. Their chocolate is just awesome. Gelato is amazing on a hot summer day.

Florida
“Surprisingly delicous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm normally not a fan of gelato, but my kids insisted on going here--and I'm so glad we did! Belgian Gelato is right across the street from Waterfront Park, so the location is perfect if you're checking out historic Charleston.

The store itself is very small with only a few seats, and there are a lot of customers going in and out. There are many flavors, and the employees are happy to let you sample them before deciding on a flavor. My son and I had the Belgian Extreme Chocolate, which was very rich--it tasted like heaven! My other son had vanilla, and he finished the entire cup, which is surprising because he is really picky about ice cream in general. My husband enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter. They also sell pastries, so I bought a chocolate-covered croissant for later, and it was excellent.

As far as prices, the smallest cup is just over $4.00, which we ordered, and prices go up from there. For us, the small cup size was just right. You can also eat it on a waffle cone. If you order the cup, they also place a mini waffle cone on top--so cute and delicious!

I would highly recommend stopping by here for an after lunch (or dinner) dessert or if you're craving some good gelato!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfry
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

You've got to get your cone covered in chocolate! We would have gone back every night for dessert!! The staff was very friendly too!

“Yummy Gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had the French vanilla gelato. It was good but over priced for how much you get. I wish they had the waffles like I saw in an earlier trip advisor review.