“The drinks were the only decent thing about this place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Library at the Vendue Inn - CLOSED

Library at the Vendue Inn
19 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC (French Quarter)
843-577-7970
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“The drinks were the only decent thing about this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

It's a cool location on the roof top but that's about where it ends. The food wasn't that great and it was over priced. My drink was good but it was 10.00. I paid almost 30.00 for a dive bar style dinner and one drink. The server was also pretty bad too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Charleston, South Carolina
“Small portions and high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had a coupon to eat here and decided to take advantage on a recent weekend. The dining room is very quaint, staff is very professional and helpful. Food was a bit salty and portions were very small for what you paid. There are so many other places that one can eat at in Charleston and get a good value, this was really not one of them.

Visited June 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Lovely drinks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was a fun place to go with some pretty tasty drinks and a lovely view. A good place to go to see the sunset.

Visited June 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Total disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Such a great setting and such a disappointing experience.

Vendue has a great roof top area with great vistas overlooking Old Charleston. It has such potential, but I'll not return.

It is my 60th birthday weekend and my wife wanted to treat me to a fun restaurant that was a bit different than what we've experienced before. After an afternoon of window shopping and getting weary from the 90% humidity and 75 degree temp, we decided to have a late lunch on the Rooftop at Vendue.

I ordered a whisky sour and my wife ordered a wine spritzer with a twist. They were both served in plastic cups (what's with that)? My whisky sour had no cherry in it and was so diluted that it reminded me of the diluted Kool-Aid at Vacation Bible School. My wife's wine was served with ice cubes and the twist was when the server sat the glass on the table and twisted it!

She ordered a chicken salad sandwich and I ordered a Cuban wrap. They both arrived with no garnish, on a white plate with potato chips thrown on top that looked like an afterthought.

The chicken salad sandwich was passable, but my Cuban had no exotic pizzazz to it. It was just plain slices of lunch meat in a flour tortilla that was pressed in something similar to a pannini. The dilled pickle served on the side was the most disgusting dill I've ever tasted, it tasted like it had been pickled in brine and soap!

My sandwich was so bad that I didn't even want to take the remaining 2/3rds to go.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marshall, TX
“Delicious & intimate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We made a reservation by phone with two days notice. There is a bar next door and we didn't want to be stuck waiting on a table. We walked about 8 blocks from our b&b on Church Street.

The entrance is on a side street and opens right into the small restaurant. A young woman warmly welcomed us and showed to a small table by the window. Service from then on was prompt, attentive and professional.

The decor is sumptuous and intimate. We dressed (no tie, but a jacket for my husband) and all the other diners did as well.

The food was the best we enjoyed in Charleston! I had a golden grouper, sautéed, and it melted in my mouth. We split a salad and shared a dessert. With good coffee and the staff waiting on us pleasantly, we enjoyed sitting after the meal.

I highly recommend making The Library a choice for elegant, tasteful dining.

Visited May 2012