“Charleston Sleep Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Ringgold, Georgia
“Charleston Sleep Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a very clean place to stay. Excellent queen size bed. They have new locks and keys. we have had better breakfast. No real complaints. Would stay again. About a mile and a half to Costco. About two and a half miles to a pretty good mall.

Room Tip: 4 floors, no ice machine on 3rd. floor.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
jazzdancer49
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I were moving to FLorida with our dog, Mia. There were only a few hotels that accepted animals. The Sleep Inn had just opened. They allowed Mia to stay with us and the rates were great. The breakfast in the morning was really good for a continental breakfast. Good selection of food. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Scarisbrick, Southport, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is just outside of the main attractions of downtown Charleston but in a nice quiet location.

I was pleased to see that they had a nice little pool to lounge next to.

I thought the $99 room rate was reasonable for the room considering the location, I was expecting to pay more to stay this close to the attactions.

As with all the other Sleep Inn's we have stayed in, the room was nice with a lovely comfortable bed and good shower.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a clean and cheerful hotel, the staff are pleasant and helpful and breakfast was included in the room rate, which was less than half that charged at our previous nights accomodation in Charleston.
The rooms are clean and spacious and the beds comfortable. They allow pets although I am not very keen on that policy as you are never sure if the previous occupants had included a dog.
The location is withing easy reach of downtown Charleston, and there is a regular bus service that runs past the hotel. This is useful as parking in Charleston is difficult and expensive (it is free on Sunday).

Room Tip: The ground floor is best for accessability and convenience.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill R, Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly renovated Sleep Inn here in Charleston! We are always happy to hear when guests receive excellent service and at a reasonable price in such a great city that has so much to offer. We hope that we will be your first choice of hotel accommodations the next time you visit the area. We look forward to seeing you again!
Kettering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here twice for the close proximity to our favorite destinations. In less than 15 minutes we can be at Magnolia Gardens, Early Bird Cafe, Folly Beaches SUP and of course historical Charleston. The hotel has updated rooms and shares a nice sized pool with nice loungers and towels with the Best Western next door. We were the only ones using it! Don't let the business district location detour you. Save money here and spend it enjoying the areas attractions.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill R, Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Emily!

We are excited to hear you enjoying our renovated rooms and amenities during your stay here at Sleep Inn. Our location is close to dozens of attractions, restaurants and any other amenity you can think of so thank you for taking the time to inform future guests of our hotel. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future! Have a great weekend :)
maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I chose this hotel because of all the good reviews. Frankly, I wasn't impressed. My last trip down I stayed down the street at another hotel which was only a little bit more expensive but turned out to be worth the few extra dollars as it was SIGNIFICANTLY nicer. I was surprised how much lower the quality of this hotel was for only a little less cost than the much nicer hotel from my last visit last year. This was just not an inviting and nice hotel. My room needed a really good wipe down as it was very dusty. The towels had clearly seen better days and were thin and scratchy. My microwave made a terrible squealing noise and I had to take the glass rotator table out of it so it didn't wake up the whole floor. The hallways needed a good vacuum. The stairwells had garbage (candy wrappers, leaves, splodges of sticky dirt) all over them. The door handles of the stairwells were broken. My room had a shower stall like a standing plastic egg. It was strange. Never seen anything like it. Also water poured out onto the floor from under the glass shower door and I had to mop it up with the floor towel. The "bathroom" had a sliding wood door that was difficult to close. I just really didn't like it at all here. Thank God I brought my slippers. I wouldn't have wanted to walk barefoot in the room. Next time I'll pay a few extra dollars and stay at the nicer hotel a mile down the road.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Bill R, Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Marylanddweller,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us here at Sleep Inn. We take pride in being a newly renovated hotel with a lot more to offer to our guests than previous standards. We are constantly striving for excellence so we appreciate the opinions of our past guests so we can only improve from here for our future guests. You will be happy to know that our rooms are in excellent condition, so I hope the next time you visit Charleston you will stay with us again to see the attention to detail we now provide. We hope you have a great weekend!
Golden Meadow, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a few days. The location is great and the hotel was wonderful. Very clean with helpful staff. Great breakfast in the morning. It was quiet and peaceful. Our rooms were spacious the staff even printed up directions to attractions

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear chapeauxrouge,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be a great place. I was also pleased to know that you found the staff to be helpful.

Again, thanks so much. We hope to see you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!