“Great location foranu destinations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Kettering
“Great location foranu destinations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have stayed here twice for the close proximity to our favorite destinations. In less than 15 minutes we can be at Magnolia Gardens, Early Bird Cafe, Folly Beaches SUP and of course historical Charleston. The hotel has updated rooms and shares a nice sized pool with nice loungers and towels with the Best Western next door. We were the only ones using it! Don't let the business district location detour you. Save money here and spend it enjoying the areas attractions.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill R, Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hi Emily!

We are excited to hear you enjoying our renovated rooms and amenities during your stay here at Sleep Inn. Our location is close to dozens of attractions, restaurants and any other amenity you can think of so thank you for taking the time to inform future guests of our hotel. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future! Have a great weekend :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this hotel because of all the good reviews. Frankly, I wasn't impressed. My last trip down I stayed down the street at another hotel which was only a little bit more expensive but turned out to be worth the few extra dollars as it was SIGNIFICANTLY nicer. I was surprised how much lower the quality of this hotel was for only a little less cost than the much nicer hotel from my last visit last year. This was just not an inviting and nice hotel. My room needed a really good wipe down as it was very dusty. The towels had clearly seen better days and were thin and scratchy. My microwave made a terrible squealing noise and I had to take the glass rotator table out of it so it didn't wake up the whole floor. The hallways needed a good vacuum. The stairwells had garbage (candy wrappers, leaves, splodges of sticky dirt) all over them. The door handles of the stairwells were broken. My room had a shower stall like a standing plastic egg. It was strange. Never seen anything like it. Also water poured out onto the floor from under the glass shower door and I had to mop it up with the floor towel. The "bathroom" had a sliding wood door that was difficult to close. I just really didn't like it at all here. Thank God I brought my slippers. I wouldn't have wanted to walk barefoot in the room. Next time I'll pay a few extra dollars and stay at the nicer hotel a mile down the road.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Bill R, Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Marylanddweller,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us here at Sleep Inn. We take pride in being a newly renovated hotel with a lot more to offer to our guests than previous standards. We are constantly striving for excellence so we appreciate the opinions of our past guests so we can only improve from here for our future guests. You will be happy to know that our rooms are in excellent condition, so I hope the next time you visit Charleston you will stay with us again to see the attention to detail we now provide. We hope you have a great weekend!
Golden Meadow, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for a few days. The location is great and the hotel was wonderful. Very clean with helpful staff. Great breakfast in the morning. It was quiet and peaceful. Our rooms were spacious the staff even printed up directions to attractions

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear chapeauxrouge,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be a great place. I was also pleased to know that you found the staff to be helpful.

Again, thanks so much. We hope to see you again.
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night before a cruise. The hotel itself was ok but nothing special. It was clean but I didn't feel like there was any attention paid to detail and some areas had been overlooked. Our pocket door didn't lock which resulted in a small gap between the room and the bathroom/shower area. The pool is under renovation and you have to drive down the street to use another hotels pool....again not a super big deal unless you are traveling with kids who look forward to swimming. The breakfast was good and was taken care of by a sweet lady who made sure everything was replenished when needed. Again it was an ok place to stay for a night while passing through but no place I would want to stay for a longer amount of time.

Stayed April 2015
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear natesmomtw,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us before your cruise. I will certainly walk the property with our Executive Housekeeper to search out the areas you felt needed more attention. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again.
Louisa, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

Great hotel. Awesome Staff especially Sade who checked us in. She was very polite and helpful. Free breakfast was very good. Location is close to Old Charleston with great Restaurants. The waterfront is nearby with a nice park to sit and watch many boats. I would stay here again next time I go to Charleston.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear NancyK672015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was also excited to know that Sade was able to make such a positive impact upon your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

It was a really nice hotel to stay at for just having a home base. I went with my boyfriend for a four day trip and we had a great time. We didn't spend much time in the hotel other than to sleep and eat breakfast. The woman in charge of breakfast, Ms. Unita, is very nice and always made our mornings special. It was great to see her smile every morning. Robin was nice at the front desk, got us in and out quickly.

Give Ms. Unita a raise :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I really appreciate the feedback as well as the time it took.

I was delighted to read that you found our property to be a good home base during your visit to Charleston. I was especially happy to know that Robin and Unita were able to make a positive impact upon your experience.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope we'll see you again.
Flat rock, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015

At the last minute we decided to go to Charleston for three days. This hotel was one of the few that had any available rooms.

It is a very nice and clean hotel. Granted it was not beach front but it was about a fifteen minute drive to Folly Beach, which was not a problem for us. I was impressed with how friendly the staff was.

One thing that disappointed us was they don't have a pool. We had access to the pool next door which was at a Best Western and the pool was closed for renovations. Most pools are probably not open during mid April but it was warm enough to go swimming. I wish we would have been told the pool was not open when we made our reservation. We may have tried to stay elsewhere since we had a kid who wanted to go swimming.

It is a good hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Pantherfan57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. My staff and I are extremely grateful for the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our staff to be friendly. I think our staff is awesome; thank you for reinforcing that belief.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!