“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
CT
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for one night before a cruise. The hotel itself was ok but nothing special. It was clean but I didn't feel like there was any attention paid to detail and some areas had been overlooked. Our pocket door didn't lock which resulted in a small gap between the room and the bathroom/shower area. The pool is under renovation and you have to drive down the street to use another hotels pool....again not a super big deal unless you are traveling with kids who look forward to swimming. The breakfast was good and was taken care of by a sweet lady who made sure everything was replenished when needed. Again it was an ok place to stay for a night while passing through but no place I would want to stay for a longer amount of time.

Stayed April 2015
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear natesmomtw,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us before your cruise. I will certainly walk the property with our Executive Housekeeper to search out the areas you felt needed more attention. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Louisa, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great hotel. Awesome Staff especially Sade who checked us in. She was very polite and helpful. Free breakfast was very good. Location is close to Old Charleston with great Restaurants. The waterfront is nearby with a nice park to sit and watch many boats. I would stay here again next time I go to Charleston.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear NancyK672015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was also excited to know that Sade was able to make such a positive impact upon your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It was a really nice hotel to stay at for just having a home base. I went with my boyfriend for a four day trip and we had a great time. We didn't spend much time in the hotel other than to sleep and eat breakfast. The woman in charge of breakfast, Ms. Unita, is very nice and always made our mornings special. It was great to see her smile every morning. Robin was nice at the front desk, got us in and out quickly.

Give Ms. Unita a raise :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I really appreciate the feedback as well as the time it took.

I was delighted to read that you found our property to be a good home base during your visit to Charleston. I was especially happy to know that Robin and Unita were able to make a positive impact upon your experience.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope we'll see you again.
Flat rock, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

At the last minute we decided to go to Charleston for three days. This hotel was one of the few that had any available rooms.

It is a very nice and clean hotel. Granted it was not beach front but it was about a fifteen minute drive to Folly Beach, which was not a problem for us. I was impressed with how friendly the staff was.

One thing that disappointed us was they don't have a pool. We had access to the pool next door which was at a Best Western and the pool was closed for renovations. Most pools are probably not open during mid April but it was warm enough to go swimming. I wish we would have been told the pool was not open when we made our reservation. We may have tried to stay elsewhere since we had a kid who wanted to go swimming.

It is a good hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Pantherfan57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. My staff and I are extremely grateful for the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our staff to be friendly. I think our staff is awesome; thank you for reinforcing that belief.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again.
Yorkville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I were looking for a hotel close to downtown and Patriots Point. This Sleep Inn was the perfect fit. The room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and everyone very friendly. It was located perfectly located for our needs. I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Jodi124,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was especially pleased to know that you found your room very clean and quiet.

You noted that this was your first time in Charleston. We hope it won't be your last. Thanks again for the review.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed overnight before our Bahamas Cruise. The park and cruise package is great. 3 options for shuttles to the terminal. Staff were very friendly and professional. Rooms were spacious and clean. We would definitely stay here again if cruising out of Charleston.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Joanii,

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope you enjoyed your cruise as well. I was also very happy to read that you found our rooms spacious and clean.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We hope to serve you again.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First and foremost, I would like to commend all the hotel staff for their friendly and welcoming attitudes. It set off the stay on a very positive note and remained that way for our entire stay.

My stay at this hotel was set off by unfortunate events (car trouble). Since it was a Sunday, the dealership was closed and I had to wait for the following day to get my car repaired. This was the closest hotel to the dealership.

First impressions for this hotel was very good. The outside was clean, well maintained and the landscaping is very well done. There is a small fountain up front surrounded by palmetto trees. Very relaxing to look at (pictures attached).

We arrived at the hotel very early and the front desk staff expedited a room for cleaning to accommodate my wife and I as well as our dog. Since I was busy trying to secure a rental car down the road, I left my wife at the hotel while they were cleaning the rooms. I returned to find my wife and dog were already in the secure in a room. The hotel staff helped carry the luggage without even asking.

The rooms are very clean, modern and updated. The grounds are well kept. The staff, last but not least made for an exceptional stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to hear that our staff was able to make such a positive impact upon your visit. I believe our associates are awesome; thank you for reinforcing that belief.

Thanks again for the review. We hope we see you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!