“We loved it until.......” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Las Vegas, Nevada
“We loved it until.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

As a frequent traveler to Charleston, my family and I enjoy the southern hospitality that this hotel Sleep Inn-Charleston has to offer. The rooms are very nice and well furnished. The shower was very large and clean. Overall the hotel was beautiful and the staff was helpful with our questions of where to go for shopping and sight-seeing. Therefore I must say that our chief complaint would have been the rudeness of the older lady working the breakfast area who wasnt very pleasant in her tone when my daughter ask for some hot water for her tea. We felt her staring at us everytime we went into the fridge as if it was a problem. We just left the breakfast bar and went to Tanger Outlet for breakfast. My wife brought it to the front desk attention how uncomfortable she made us feel. It was said by prior guests who is staying over for work as a contractor says that they cant deal with the older lady when she works breakfast, they go over to have breakfast next door.I say that what is management doing about these complaints? On a scale from 1-10 I give Sleep Inn a 7 but ignoring chief complaints from your guests is costing you along the way. I will stay again just not at this location.

• Stayed February 2014
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear miracleleague1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. I am, quite frankly, shocked that you experienced anything but excellent service in our breakfast room. We normally get nothing but compliments about our breakfast attendants. I will certainly share your comments with her so she can make efforts to improve.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you'll give us another chance to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Due to the affordable price, I was preparing myself to receive an okay stay. To my surprise our room was very clean with modern decor. We loved the large shower and water pressure. The free breakfast was awesome. There were hotel staff in the breakfast area who were very helpful by keeping the area clean. The staff even removed my empty plate from my table once I was done eating! Superb service!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear AELoves2Travel,

Thank you taking the time to write a review about your visit with us. We really do appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed you stay with us and found your room to very clean with a modern decor. I was also happy to read that our staff was able to make such a positive impact upon your experience.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you in the future.
buckeye state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were visiting Charleston and wanted something close to downtown but not in downtown. This has been renovated and we enjoyed our stay . The only thing we were by the elevator . it was a Weds so they were not that busy so it wasn't to bad but I would ask not to be by the elevator next time. For the price it was good. The breakfast was so so. I wish they had hard boiled eggs but they didn't .So I had some oatmeal and banana and muffin . They have waffles but I don't eat them she I am out ! Another thing they have ceiling fans which is nice since the air conditioner was very noisy !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear brockey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our property to be a nice place for the money. I am sorry, however, that you were not able to enjoy a hard boiled egg during your visit. They are offered on our breakfast bar; perhaps, we were out the morning you visited. I will certainly make sure they are kept stocked in the future.

Again, thank you so much for writing a review. We hope to see you again.
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Recently (January) spent 2 nights at the hotel. Very pleasantly surprised at the beautiful clean room ( with a stall shower), nice décor, furnishings, linens, bedding. The hotel lobby was also modern with a lovely reception area ( including smartboard with options to find restaurants, museums, shopping, etc.) and most helpful people at the desk. Good breakfast assortment, nice clean well stocked breakfast room. Everything was perfect and we would go back without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear subeem,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be beautiful and clean. I am certain that our staff will be happy to know their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to serving you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Charlene gave us excellent service at the restaurant every morning while we were there. she was very nice each morning greeted us with a smile and a Good morning very helpful she a wonderful person... all the workers gave us excellent service each and every day

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear michelle and lee..L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and that Charlene was able to make such a positive impact upon your stay. While a new member of our team, Charlene is quickly becoming one of our key associates.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked in on Jan. 31. The first room was very worn and housekeeping had not done a good job. I contacted the front desk and they were very concerned and apologized profusely stating that is not how they conduct business. They promptly switched our room which was much better. The hotel clerk called to check on our room. I asked if there was any fresh
coffee and she said no but that she would make a fresh pot. A few moments later she called back to let me know it was ready. Very very sweet young lady. Bed was comfortable and we were only about 5 miles from downtown. I suggest you eat at The Glass Onion a few miles away! Yummm! Overall our stay was nice and we would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Bonnie H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I am sorry you had such a poor initial experience. I was happy to read that our staff was able to turn things around you for quickly. As we share these reviews with them, I am certain that they will be pleased to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much. I hope we see you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My first time staying in Charleston and I selected the sleep Inn to lay... and it was a great choice! Outside & inside of hotel is very nice and the staff was extremely friendly especially a lady name Sonja She was really sweet, that honestly was the best part of my stay. It's good when you go and stay somewhere nice but it's better when there is excellent hospitality!!! Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear JazzNairaJilzzle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and that Sonja was able to make such a positive impact upon your stay. Sonja has been with us for less then a year, but has quickly become a key player on our team.

Again, thank you so much. We hope to serve you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!