“Very pleased with our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Olathe, Kansas
“Very pleased with our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Sleep Inn. It was very clean, the staff was helpful and the atmosphere was very welcoming. There are cookies in the lobby from 3:00-6:00, the breakfast was just okay, but it is a breakfast. The pool that is shared with the hotel next door was very nice and our room was always cleaned nicely. Overall, for what you pay at this hotel compared to others, I think you get a lot for the money! I also liked where it was located. It's as close to the beaches as it is to downtown. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice place for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Level 4 was great for no noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Tammyf7112001,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We certainly appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We try very hard to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well. It is quite rewarding to know that, in your case, we came close to achieving this goal.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

great service from start to finish......front desk was helpful and vibrant each morning as well as during each one of my calls......my linen was clean and properly picked up in a timely fashion....housekeeping was very warm...prime location to both downtown, north charleston, the beaches, and the airport.....most definetly coming back again

• Stayed July 2013
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear no1likeme,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that your stay was more than pleasurable. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.
McLean, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a good experience at Sleep Inn of Charleston. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a couple of minor maintenance issues. The serviceman came within 5 minutes and both were fixed in less than one minute. There were a couple of things that were missed by the custodial staff (throughout the hotel) but for the most part, the hotel and our room were well maintained. Our room was updated and spacious. One issue that we noticed was that the back door leading to the parking lot had a window AC unit above it. This unit continually dripped so that people going through the door would get wet and have to step around a puddle. The hotel was within 30 minutes to beaches and Charleston's historical district. It was convenient and easily navigated. Lastly, there was a continental breakfast with bagels, cereal, and that sort of thing. In summary, we enjoyed our stay. The few minor issues did not detract from our enjoyment.

Dear LEC40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that you found your visit with us enjoyable. I am sorry, however, that you experienced minor issues. I have shared your review with our Operations Manager and directed him to fix this issues you mentioned, especially the dripping ac.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stay in the sleep Inn in charleston sc and i had a 3greay night there,,,very very clean..customer service /housekeeping was just great and i would recommend anyone who travelin to cHarelston to stay at sleep inn on Savannah hwy..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Larry s,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you found your stay great. As we share these comments with our staff I am certain that they will be excited to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We look forward to serving you again.
Campobello, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The sleep inn at charlston sc was a absoulty wonderful stay.The staff are the most friendly and helpful poeple we have ever had the privalige of meeting.Its a clean and very kid and pet friendly place to stay while enjoying a family vacation.I would highly recomend it to anyone who is taking a family vacation.I would like to extend a big thank you to Sanja and Unita there pleasent attitudes and wonderful help with anything we needed is to admired and is sooo much appreciated by me and my family!(honestly I diden't want to leave)

Room Tip: i can honestly say take your pick and you will be extermly happy and satisfied with your stay.
Dear Dawn W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay that you didn't want to leave. I am certain my staff would have liked that as well. I was happy to know that Sonja and Unita were able to make such a memorable impact upon your visit. Thank you for taking the time to mention them by name.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The service was excellent. Each staff person I encountered was friendly, helpful, and very responsive. I was greeted with a smile and experienced an efficient check-in. The property was adequate and clean, but it was not in tip-top condition. The carpet in my room was damp. One morning, my shower had no hot water. However, when I reported the water issue to maintenance that afternoon (after returning from a business meeting), a maintenance person was at my room to investigate within minutes. It turned out that the issue had self-corrected, and I had hot water for the remainder of my stay. This hotel is less expensive than others in the area, so if you are traveling on a budget, it is a good option. Overall, I had a good experience, though next time I might choose to pay a little more to stay at a nicer property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wilson L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. We do have some exciting renovation plans for later this year that should help bring a new look to the property. I hope you'll stop by to see the improvements the next time you're in the area.

Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. While the hotel was not what I would normally expect for the money, since my stay was in the height if tourist season I cannot complain about the rate. Rooms were clean. breakfast sufficient. Pool was nice. Gym was a total failure though.... It consisted of a miniature room with 2 cardio machines and a TV that was shared with the Holiday inn next door and almost impossible to find without a map. In spite of that, I would recommend and return.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Kcrews2007,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We really appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests that forums such as this one provide.

I was delighted to read that you found our customer service excellent. We do consider our staff members the most important part of our operation. It was quite nice to read that they made a positive impact upon your visit.

Again, thank you for the kind words. We look forward to serving you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!