“Enjoyable Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 54 hotels in Charleston
McLean, NY
“Enjoyable Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a good experience at Sleep Inn of Charleston. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a couple of minor maintenance issues. The serviceman came within 5 minutes and both were fixed in less than one minute. There were a couple of things that were missed by the custodial staff (throughout the hotel) but for the most part, the hotel and our room were well maintained. Our room was updated and spacious. One issue that we noticed was that the back door leading to the parking lot had a window AC unit above it. This unit continually dripped so that people going through the door would get wet and have to step around a puddle. The hotel was within 30 minutes to beaches and Charleston's historical district. It was convenient and easily navigated. Lastly, there was a continental breakfast with bagels, cereal, and that sort of thing. In summary, we enjoyed our stay. The few minor issues did not detract from our enjoyment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear LEC40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that you found your visit with us enjoyable. I am sorry, however, that you experienced minor issues. I have shared your review with our Operations Manager and directed him to fix this issues you mentioned, especially the dripping ac.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stay in the sleep Inn in charleston sc and i had a 3greay night there,,,very very clean..customer service /housekeeping was just great and i would recommend anyone who travelin to cHarelston to stay at sleep inn on Savannah hwy..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Larry s,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you found your stay great. As we share these comments with our staff I am certain that they will be excited to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We look forward to serving you again.
Campobello, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The sleep inn at charlston sc was a absoulty wonderful stay.The staff are the most friendly and helpful poeple we have ever had the privalige of meeting.Its a clean and very kid and pet friendly place to stay while enjoying a family vacation.I would highly recomend it to anyone who is taking a family vacation.I would like to extend a big thank you to Sanja and Unita there pleasent attitudes and wonderful help with anything we needed is to admired and is sooo much appreciated by me and my family!(honestly I diden't want to leave)

Room Tip: i can honestly say take your pick and you will be extermly happy and satisfied with your stay.
Dear Dawn W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay that you didn't want to leave. I am certain my staff would have liked that as well. I was happy to know that Sonja and Unita were able to make such a memorable impact upon your visit. Thank you for taking the time to mention them by name.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The service was excellent. Each staff person I encountered was friendly, helpful, and very responsive. I was greeted with a smile and experienced an efficient check-in. The property was adequate and clean, but it was not in tip-top condition. The carpet in my room was damp. One morning, my shower had no hot water. However, when I reported the water issue to maintenance that afternoon (after returning from a business meeting), a maintenance person was at my room to investigate within minutes. It turned out that the issue had self-corrected, and I had hot water for the remainder of my stay. This hotel is less expensive than others in the area, so if you are traveling on a budget, it is a good option. Overall, I had a good experience, though next time I might choose to pay a little more to stay at a nicer property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wilson L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. We do have some exciting renovation plans for later this year that should help bring a new look to the property. I hope you'll stop by to see the improvements the next time you're in the area.

Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. While the hotel was not what I would normally expect for the money, since my stay was in the height if tourist season I cannot complain about the rate. Rooms were clean. breakfast sufficient. Pool was nice. Gym was a total failure though.... It consisted of a miniature room with 2 cardio machines and a TV that was shared with the Holiday inn next door and almost impossible to find without a map. In spite of that, I would recommend and return.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Kcrews2007,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We really appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests that forums such as this one provide.

I was delighted to read that you found our customer service excellent. We do consider our staff members the most important part of our operation. It was quite nice to read that they made a positive impact upon your visit.

Again, thank you for the kind words. We look forward to serving you again.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very efficient check in. I liked the added touch of the staff letting us know how late her shift was in case we had any questions. The lobby also has a nice area with cookies, brochures and a touch screen unit with printable maps to area attractions and restaurants. Very helpful.
The room was clean and a good size with two queen beds. Internet worked nicely the entire time we were in the room. I also liked the bathroom sink being separated from the shower area to allow multiple people getting ready at the same time.
Hotel guest of the Sleep Inn can use the breakfast facility and pool of the neighboring hotel. The pool was very nice. We did not venture there for breakfast. Breakfast at the Sleep Inn was the main reason I gave this hotel a Very Good instead of Excellent. The options were pretty limited and on the first morning several were out even though we were there early. The area was also small for the amount of guests so we utilized the patio and found out the door is locked to the outside.
Aside from that, I had not previously stayed in a hotel that accommodated pets. Next to us was a small dog that barked both nights periodically and the owner would take it outside at 1am with no regard to neighbors with slamming the door. As a lesson learned, I will ask in the future if pets are close to the room we are placed in or I will look for pet free accommodations. This is of no fault of the hotel just a live and learn moment as I'm a light sleeper anyway.

Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. I will be discussing your review, specifically, with our Operations Manager so that we can examine our breakfast operation for possible improvements. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We hope to see you again.
Galax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night on a visit to Charleston. First of all let me say that the room itself is very clean. ( I am one of those people who pulls the sheets down and looks at the mattress, looks behind pictures, etc.) The room we had was a double queen and it was pretty spacious for this type of room. NIce flat screen TV. The beds were comfortable and were covered in what looked to be new duvets. There is free Wifi.
The look of the rest of the hotel is not as nice. The carpets need replacing or cleaning or actually on the day we were there just vacuuming would have helped. The wooden furniture is a bit beat up. The breakfast bar was fine except the attendant did not do things like wipe up where cereal and milk had spilled etc The glass doors were quite dirty with more than a few days smudges. . I know that sounds picky but these are the type of things that make an impression on consumers.
I know you can pay a lot more in the Charleston area but I did not feel this hotel was worth the total of $180 that we paid for one night. I have stayed in many hotels in many high demand places for less that were a lot nicer. I would stay again if my choices were limited but this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear mountainmama084,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

While I was quite happy to read that you found your room to be clean and comfortable I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. I have shared a copy of your review with our Property Operations Manager so he can instruct his staff on how little things, like smudges on the glass door, can impact a guest's visit.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!