“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Took my mom to Charleston for her 60th birthday and spent a lot of time investigating affordable and nice hotels. This Sleep Inn really fit the bill. Our room was just right with the exception of the air conditioner that ran non-stop. Rooms were clean and the hotel was very accessible. Everyone who encountered on staff was pleasant and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear skjc75,

I hope your mother enjoyed her 60th birthday here in Charleston. Please pass along my belated birthday wishes. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your weekend with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. I am sorry the AC unit disturbed you during your stay. I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Again, thank you so much. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

A great budget hotel in Charleston. The location is just fine, pretty close to everything. Not in the historic downtown area, but only about 15 minutes away. Also pretty close to the road down to Folly Beach
The main highlight was our desk clerk Sonja, who was extremely friendly and helpful. She made me smile everytime I went to the desk. There is a book called The Fred Factor, about people in everyday jobs who do their job so well that they make a different. Sonja was definitely a Fred.

We will definitely be back to this hotel.

Dear nkb1008,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read your review and especially happy to know that Sonja made such a positive impact upon your visit. Though she is one of our newest staff members, Sonja is quickly becoming a true star on our staff. Thank you for taking the time to mention her efforts.

Again, thank you so much for writing a review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great location for us. We went to Folly Beach and to downtown Charleston and this hotel was close to both. The road does get busy at rush hour, but I couldn't hear any road noise in our room. The hotel shares a pool with the hotel next door. While we never made it over there, the pool was good sized and even supplied pool noodles. Service at the front desk was very friendly. Sonja was helpful and knew a lot of the regular guests by name. Our room was clean. It wasn't the biggest room as we had two queen sized beds, but it worked fine. If you have little kids, our bathroom only had a shower stall and not a tub. This wasn't a concern for us but I'd suggest calling ahead if this is an issue for you. I really enjoyed the breakfast. There was a lot to pick from, including cereal, grits, sausage, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, English muffins, various pastries, and waffles. I enjoyed making my own waffles but the blueberry waffle batter frequently ran out. Of the four mornings, I was only able to have blueberry waffles once. That is my only issue. Keep in mind if you show up to eat 5 minutes before breakfast ends, the attendant is not going to restock everything for you. Consider that she is probably has a limited time to clean up before her shift ends. Also the breakfast hours are posted on the wall right by the eating area, and that sign is visible from the elevator. There is a nice outdoor area in which to eat your breakfast as well as an indoor seating area. If you are trying to decide between this hotel and the Best Western next door, this one has indoor hallways (where you use a key card to enter) as opposed to motel entries (the room door opens to the outside). So if that is important to you, it's good to know. There was some issues with adequate parking when we returned late to the hotel. There was a pickup truck and trailer taking up several spots and a semi (without the trailer) taking up extra spots. Cars had to park along the side of curb, but still in the parking lot. This was the week of July 4th so I'm not sure if it was a little more crowded than usual. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MG34638,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a thorough review of your experience with us. We really do appreciate the feedback we get from our guests through forums such as this one.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was especially pleased to know that Sonja made such a positive impact upon your experience. As we share these reviews with our staff members, I am certain she was delighted to know that she helped make your visit a little better.
Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my family and I's first stay at this Charleston, SC location, but it will not be our last. We normally stayed at the La Quinta (Ashley River), but never again. This Sleep Inn is CLEAN, Quite, GREAT Breakfast, and an awesome, accommodating staff (Sonja & Miesha the BEST). Reason I say this is that we celebrated our 19th Wedding Anniversary this week. They even placed it on their marque so that everyone traveling Savannah Hwy. could see it too. Awesome! They would speak to you, ask you have your day had been, and of course always have a smile on their face. They had warm, FREE cookies in the afternoon too. We stayed at a Sleep Inn in Harrisburg, PA about two months ago, and I am absolutely sold on the quality of Sleep Inn hotels. Thanks for helping us celebrate our 19th Anniversary. Thanks Y'All.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear GTZW,

First and foremost, congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I hope you had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

I was delighted to read your review. It was especially rewarding to read that you found our staff to be awesome. As we share these reviews with them, I am certain they will be excited to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you for your 20th.
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is clean, staff is friendly a shout out to Samaria, it has a large pool with towels and pool noodles which was a plus. The breakfast was good. The the only thing I would change is maybe more help to the lady trying to keep everything refilled she was overwhelmed with the crowd that was there. We stayed July 4th- 7, location was great. Overall a very good experience.

Dear TequlliaFamily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and found the pool noodles to be a plus. I was especially happy to read that Samara had such a positive impact upon your experience.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I travel to MUSC often and usually stay at the HI Express in Mt. Pleasant but even with a discount that room was $150/night in the summer which we thought was too pricey. I found the Sleep Inn while searching online for coupons. We have never stayed at a Sleep Inn but I checked the reviews and we decided to try it. I am so glad we did. For $60/night we stayed in a very nice & clean room. It is just as nice as the room that would've been $150. We had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable with very nice linens and the room was nicer than the online photos(usually the other way around) which included updated bedding, new carpet, and a flat screen tv. The bathroom was spotless and I didn't mind walking bare foot on it which I usually don't do! The grounds are very well maintained and there is a very large pool that was very clean as well. Breakfast is free as well. If you are picky but like to save money this is the place! We have found a new hotel for our trips to MUSC!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear ebrownsc66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you found our property to be an excellent choice. I was especially happy to read that you found the bathroom spotless. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain our Property Operations team will be excited to know their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
Brooksville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our vacation in Charleston. The room was small but nice. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast consisted of breads, fruit, meat, and waffles. The staff was very friendly, even offering to make fresh coffee in the evening for me. (I did not ask for them to do this. They insisted.). The location was nice. The atmosphere was very pretty and I felt safe in the parking lot. Overall we had a great stay. If we come back to this area again, this would be the place we would come back to.

Dear doreenlea,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed you stay with us. I was especially pleased to know that our staff made such a positive impact upon your experience. As we share these reviews with them, I am certain they will be excited to know their hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the kind words. We hope we can serve you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!