“Great Bargain Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Great Bargain Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This basic hotel is clean with very helpful and friendly staff. They provide free wifi, flat screen TV, fridge, small microwave and coffeepot. The rooms are small. The great thing is that you are only about ten minutes from Historic Charleston. If you have a car and are on a budget, this is a great spot. You can save enough for a very nice meal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear vlbvoyager,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback.

It is always a pleasure to red when someone enjoys their visit with us as well as their time in Charleston. I am glad that we were able to assist in making your trip a little better.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lake City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I guess you really do get what you pay for. We have stayed at the Comfort Suites 1/2 mile down the road several times and really enjoyed it. This being in the same chain and $40 less a night, we thought we would give it a try. The carpet in our room and in the hallway on the 4th floor appeared to be new. I had asked in advance for a first floor room, since I read here in a review that they had been renovated. When checking in, she said there were no rooms available on the 1st floor and that all the room had been renovated. Like I said, the carpet was new, but nothing else appeared to have been updated. The room was small and had only a shower and no tub, which I did not mind, but some people might. It seemed clean, however I saw something sticking out from under the bed skirt and it was a large canister of foot powder and a crumpled up piece of paper that was from a jail with a list of items the person had with them when arrested in April 2012, nearly a year ago. Makes you wonder how clean it really is if the cleaning staff hadn't noticed those things when vacuuming. The bed frame went all the way to the floor, so that there were only a few inches between the bed skirt and the bed frame. The sheets were pretty scratchy and the towels were very small.The internet worked fine, better than a lot of places. The breakfast was pretty bare bones. They had bacon, but only boiled eggs. Two kinds of cereal, apples one morning and green bananas the next. Of course the obligatory waffles and some yogurt. The second morning when we got down for breakfast my husband poked his head in the work area for the breakfast room to ask if there was any more bacon and he saw the peeled, boiled eggs sitting in the stainless steel sink. He came back and said he did not want to eat anything prepared there. He just ate a yogurt. Again, I don't know how clean it really is. Don't know if I would stay here again when in the area. It wasn't bad, just probably not as clean as I would expect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Travlinga51,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review of our property. We really do appreciate the opportunity these reviews present.

I am sorry that your found your room in less than a perfect condition. I have shared your comments with our Director of Property Operations so improvements can be made in our inspection process.

I can't imagine what your husband saw in our kitchen area. I can, however, assure you that all food items are prepared for service in accordance with proper food handling procedures.

Again, thank you for your comments.
O Fallon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very happy with this hotel. Room and bathroom clean and comfortable. Good bed. Good continental breakfast. I booked through expedia and found out at hotel that rate would have been $8 less had I booked direct. No complaints with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeff6666,

Thank you for taking the time post your review. We really appreciate that our guests take the time to share this feedback with us.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be "comfortable and clean".

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to serve you again.
Ashtabula, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was impressed we were able to check in at 9am after a 12 hr drive overnight. Our room was very small, smaller than usual. The shower was nice and big (no tub) but the sink was seperate from the toilet/shower. Once out of the shower the toilet/shower area was very small and it made it hard to change with a group of 5 people. I was impressed when they brought the roll-a-way bed immediatly. Breakfast was so, so. Checkout was a few minute wait but not too bad. This was one of two hotels we stayed at in Charleston and I preferred the Comfort Suites West of the Ashley much more!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kristina L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us.

We strive to insure every guest enjoys a perfect stay with us as well as an awesome time in Charleston. I am sorry that, in your case, we were not able to impress you with our service. We share these reviews with our staff; your will certainly be used as a training tool so we can improve our efforts.

Again, thank you for your comments. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to serve you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is an older Sleep Inn buy it's clean, very friendly, the Wi-Fi works and it's priced well. Location is about 20 minutes from downtown. Definitely a good place to stay. Plus breakfast is open an hour later than most Choice Hotels!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. We really do appreciate the feedback from our guests.

Our property is older however we have some really exciting upgrades planned in the near future. I hope you will return soon to see those for yourself.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.
Richmond, VA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I returned having stayed there about 4 years ago. We had a good stay. The room was clean, but showing some wear. They were renovating rooms on the first floor so I anticipate that will progress through the rest of the facility. The breakfast was very satisfactory and the lady attendant was very helpful. Our TV remote would not work when we first tried to use it. I contacted the front-desk and they sent someone up quickly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bill R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Charleston, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear By_His_Grace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for choosing to stay with us again. We really appreciate the feedback.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that your remote control was not working when you initially arrived. You are right, we are currently renovating our rooms. I hope you will return to see first hand the improvements we have made.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Our accomendations were perfect. The king room with a large shower stall was the most comfortable on our 3 week trip. Hotel was newly renovated and decorated. The staff was very friendly and professional, also helpful with an information packet on the Charleston area. Looking forward to staying in Sleep Inns in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear pattytime,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of our property. We really appreciate it.

I was very happy to read that you found our accommodations perfect. As we share these reviews with our staff I am confident that they will be very happy to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Thanks again. We look forward to serving you the next time you visit Charleston.

Been to Sleep Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!