“Want to feel like a Southern Belle?” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive Savings
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristow, VA
“Want to feel like a Southern Belle?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

Armed with the wonderful reviews for this Inn, my husband and I booked a two day stay for our anniversary. We were treated like visiting royalty from the moment we arrived. As advertised, the Inn is a short, peasant walk to the Battery, and to restaurants and shopping. Although we did not have a balcony (but a great view of the harbor), each floor has an accessible balcony where you can enjoy the sunrise or sunset with free milk & cookies or morning coffee. We did take advantage of the in room breakfast service but noted that there were two coffee carts at either end of the hall for those who rise early. The staff does a very good job of providing personal touches. For example, after the Bellman made a reservation at a nearby restaurant for us, our dessert arrived with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. A very nice touch. ( FYI- try Hank's it is absolutely fabulous, one of the best meals we have ever had.)The turn down service is amazing. Along with locally made pecan prailines, the maid not only delivered a card with the next days weather forcast but had filled the ice bucket! There were a lot of other touches that make this Inn special such as sweet grass fans that you can use while sitting in the lobby or patio drinking peach tea. If you want to experience the Old South, while having modern ammenities - go quickly to the French Quarter Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
CORAOPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

My family and I stayed at the FQI on a recent trip down through the southern states. The hardest part was FINDING the hotel. It's address is Church Street, but one really has to go down this little side street to get to the parking drop off area. We circled around 2 or 3 times getting lost in the one way streets before we found out where we had to go. Then when we got there--paradise! Champagne at check-in(definately welcome after driving for hours in the rain), wine and cheese at 5pm(the young lady keeps going around filling your glass over and over),cookies and milk at 9pm,breakfast in your room, free lemonade or iced tea all day long(great after walking around for hours.) It seems you can't go 5 minutes without them GIVING you something else! Rooms were great in every way. Beds were some of the best we were every in,pillow menu(7 to choose from),bathroom and bedrooms are very large. The service was great and always with a smile---very helpfull front dest clerks. The hotel is right in the middle of everything. Easy to walk through the historic district, 1 1/2 blocks to the Market Area, 2 blocks to great horse drawn buggy tours, restaurants and bars right arcoss the street. All in all, possibly the best hotel we ever stayed at anywhere. Definately worth your money and time to stay here on a visit to Charleston. I told everyone who would listen to me to stay here and no where else when visiting this great southern city!

• Stayed June 2005
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

My daughter graduated from law school in May of 2004 and we took a
trip to Charleston for her graduation vacation. We stayed at the FQI,
and it was just wonderful. This has to be my all time favorite place to
stay. Everything is so neat, clean, and feels like home. Extras include
the great wine and cheese in the evening, cookies and milk at night.
I am going to Charleston again this year and of course, guess where I
am staying. I am really looking forward to it. I love the city of Charleston
and I love FQI.

• Stayed May 2004
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a 3-night stay at the French Quarter Inn, and our first visit to Charleston. We had Room 313, which was a junior suite with a gas fireplace, balcony overlooking the market, and a beautiful bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower. From the moment we checked into the inn, we felt pampered. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Some of our favorite amenities were the continental breakfast delivered to our room each morning (with a 5 minute advance phone call), the champagne at 3:00 check-in (we actually took advantage of the 3:00 champage each afternoon!), the incredibly comfortable beds/pillows, and the warm cookies at 9:00 sharp each evening (get there promptly, as they are very popular). The hotel is in a perfect location, accessible to tons of great restaurants and shops. We didn't rent a car....just shuttled from and back to the airport and walked everywhere for sightseeing and shopping! Can't think of anything negative about the inn. We chose this hotel based on internet research and reviews by past guests, and trust me, it was AWESOME! We are extremely picky about amenities and comfort when we choose a hotel, but we truly did not find anything lacking, and were pleasantly surprised by the many extras the French Quarter Inn has to offer. You will not be disappointed by this hotel. We hope to return to Charleston in the future, and will definitely choose the French Quarter Inn again.

• Stayed May 2005
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2005

my wife and i stayed 3 nights at the french quarter inn at the end of april and the first of may. it was tremendous, perfect central location with a lot of wonderful amenities included especially the continental breakfast. we had a jr suite with a balcony that overlooked the outdoor patio courtyard which served complimentary late afternoon wine, cheese, and champagne. if you choose this place for your stay in charleston you will not be disappointed

• Stayed April 2005
Richmond Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

Wonderful Place!! My family of five was upgraded to a luxury suite that was larger than our first apartment, unprompted. The ever-present staff could not have been more courteous, taking time to learn our names and make sure every amenity was provided - I must apologize for my 11 year-old son's abuse of the pillow concierge program, however! The room had a fabulous view of the market and my wife made sure that we never missed "wine and cheese hour", which was complimentary. My 7 year-old son made sure we did not miss "cookie hour" after dinner. My teenage daughter had basically her own suite with a pull-out couch and the bathroom was enormous and very luxurious. The maid staff was authentically French - very nice touch! They brought continental breakfast in bed - complimentary.

If you choose to leave the hotel - although I would have been perfectly happy to remain in the beautiful lobby/library area and read - you are in the middle of everything - docks, best restaurants, battery, market, carriage rides - everything!

Only negative - a little noisy when the bars let out on the weekend - we had some bikers firing up their hogs at 2 am - take a white noise machine.

Overall - best place I've ever stayed and will come back!!

• Stayed March 2005
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2005

My husband and I were in Charleston for the first time to attend a wedding in April, 2005 and stayed at the FQI. We travel extensively in the US, Caribbean and Europe. I can honestly say that the FQI is superb. The staff is extremely professional, friendly and helpful with making reservations for dinner or suggesting sites to visit. The location could is ideal. The rooms are a very spacious and the bathroom is fantastic. The special touches of wine and cheese in the afternoon, ice cold milk and fresh baked cookies at bedtime, ice cold tea and lemonade available all day and a great pillow menu (usual for Europe) sets this hotel apart from the others. We usually travel to New Orleans for a quick getaway a couple of time during the year. However, after our visit to Charleston, I think New Orleans will have competition.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!