“Truly enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“Truly enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The location is great, right across from the market and close to the best restaurants. Enjoyed champagne upon arrival as we were escorted to our rooms! The room was lovely. The pillow menu took our breath away- what a nice touch. The cocktail hour and cookies and milk at bedtime added to the ambience and we really felt pampered. The concierge was very helpful and answered every question as if it was of the utmost importance. The price may be higher than others nearby, but the value was worth it. When we come back to Charleston in the future, we will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear klockGeorgia,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Georgia!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My daughters and I stayed at this phenomenal hotel our our trip home from Florida as a mid-way stop. Not an inexpensive place, but unlike many "nice" hotels this was worth every penny! It begins when you arrive, realizing you are staying dead in the heart of historic Charleston, whose history dwarfs even Savannah.

The place is drop-dead beautiful, and kept well that way. My daughters came out of the restroom on the lobby/concierge level, exclaiming, "That was the nicest bathroom we ever saw!" The upgraded room was immaculate and full of character. The girls didn't want to leave, so we didn't book a tour or anything, and only ventured out for dinner.

We opted for breakfast delivered in the morning. I went out for a run in the morning while they were still asleep. Because we didn't order breakfast delivered until 0800-0830 (which was fantastic by the way), I was thinking it would be nice to find some coffee somewhere. My mouth dropped to the floor when I stepped outside into the beautiful hallway, and right in the middle of the hallway was the the nicest coffee service set up for guests on the floor! It's like they read my mind.

Dear Bob B,

I hope you and your family are doing well back home in beautiful Virginia! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Redlands, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Deservedly ranks as one of the better hotels in the U.S. We had a great location, a large junior suite, exceptional service, and decent continental breakfasts. The perks such as champagne at check in, wine and cheese reception, and nightly milk and cookies make this the place to be when in Charleston. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Junior queen suites good for a family.
Dear Redlands,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful California. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel and enjoyed our stay very much! The location was perfect and the valet service made it so easy to use the car when we needed it. We did have a bit of a time finding the hotel when we first got there, driving right by it the first time. There is a large sign up high on the building that you can see when you are a block or so away and that saved us. The City was repairing a water main one morning around 4:30 am so that disturbed our sleep that morning, but the manager was so nice to talk with the construction workers next door, although as it turned out, it was not even them. Our room was upgraded and was amazing. Breakfast was convenient and delicious, as were the evening cookies! Thanks for a very enjoyable visit!

Room Tip: Construction next door is just beginning right outside room 104.
Dear Diane C,

I hope y'all are doing well back in Atlanta! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. I apologize for some of the construction noise next door, and we hope they will be done with any noise in the next two months. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great Service, very clean, great location, and amazing amenities, The room was large and we enjoyed the balcony. The early evening wine and cheese was very well presented.
Staff was excellent and friendly.

Fantastic desk service by Jenny.

Phil & Judy

Room Tip: Great view of the market from balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Scott H,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Lexington! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello and thank you!

Glendora, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We absolutely loved The French Quarter Inn! It was a perfect location to explore Charleston from. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. We arrived just in time for wine and cheese! The outdoor patio was a perfect place to enjoy all the goodies the hotel offered! The hotel itself is beautiful, and our room was very comfortable! The front desk staff gave us so many wonderful suggestions for great restaurants and things to do. I dream of going back every day!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara S,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful California too!

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Guest service manager Scott Martindale is one reason why the FQI is such a wonderful place. He truly embodies the passion and dedication every brand wishes they had but they don't because he works for FQI! Props to the hotel and him for an excellent experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Will_M3,

I hope all is well back home in beautiful Greenville (one of my favorite towns in the country)! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Yes, Scott Martindale is an amazing service professional who truly cares about our guests, and we will make sure to recognize his valiant service efforts!

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!