“Perfect Place For Our Mini-Moon!” 5 of 5 stars

Break-Away Dates
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Place For Our Mini-Moon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I visited Charleston for our mini-moon right after we got married and spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn. We loved everything about it! They truly know the meaning of southern hospitality. As soon as we arrived, Jenny, behind the front desk, greeted us with champagne and upgraded our room. She was wonderful throughout our entire stay and made us feel so welcome. Our favorite part of each day was the complementary cocktail hour, which includes a delicious selection of meats, cheeses, olives, breads and of course, wine! The continental breakfast was also great - with a large variety of choices. The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere. We also really enjoyed using the bikes that the hotel offers to guests and bicycling around the city. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter Inn during our next trip to Charleston.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear jamaes22,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny says hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Upon checking into the French Quarter Inn, we were offered champagne while the receptionist complete the paperwork...and so this is the beginning of what southern hospitality really means in Charleston! There was 24/7 hot coffee, tea, and water in the lobby--even on the second floor. Breakfast included a great variety of fruits, quiche, breads, yogurt, salumi and sweets. We ate in the courtyard under shady umbrellas but the lobby was well appointed with comfortable and period furnishings. But what sets this inn apart from others is not only its exemplary service but also the immaculately appointed large rooms. Although our room was overlooking the marketplace, we did not hear the noise. The air conditioner was almost noiseless. I looked forward to "coming home" after a day of tours!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny,. Although the parking fee was $22 a day, it was well worth it bec...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ToishanNui,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful San Fransisco! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

long island, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

While we were thrilled the first night of our stay, we were disappointed after that. Turn down service was so nice the first night - didn't exist the second night. Concierge couldn't recommend what to see and do in the city. Asked for pillows and they were thrown on the bed. No new ice, no new glasses - for close to $500 a night I expect much better. Will check out other properties next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear beachlover11702,

I hope you are doing well back home in New York! I am delighted to read that y'all enjoy most of your stay with us, but as you can imagine, I am disappointed you experienced some service failures during your visit with us. I sincerely apologize we did not deliver a perfect experience. I do wish that my team had the opportunity to recover from these mishaps as I know we could have rebuilt your trust in our services. As a frequent traveler myself, I understand that failures do occur in establishments relying predominantly on human labor, and I always strive to give the establishment the opportunity first to resolve the maters in which I experienced. What sets us apart from our competitors is that when a failure does occur, which it will no matter the establishment in any sector of business, we respond passionately and authentically so that you have trust in us that we do truly care about our guests and their loved ones. As you may know from our awards and guest accolades, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, so for my team not to have the opportunity to recover from this before you publicly voice your experience and disservice our earned reputation, it is that in which I am deeply disappointed about. Nevertheless, I thank you for informing us of our failures, and we do take these matters seriously, and I promise you we will investigate these matters so that a guest of our Inn may never experience less than perfection. If you feel the need to discuss this matter over the phone, please feel free to call me at 843.724.4340. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can prove to you our commitment to excellence.

Brent Gresham
General Manger
Laurinburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

French Quarter Inn has an excellent location adjacent to Market Street and close to many restaurants, shopping and activities. Upon arrival, Mark (bellhop?) immediately created us and inquired our names and from that point onward, we were greeted personally with his contagious smile. Extremely prompt check in with a run down of services. Continental breakfast is amazing with fresh fruit, several juices, pastries, etc...The staff was always very friendly and eager to assist in any way possible. The room was lovely and cozy; truly the most comfortable beds we have slept on that were in competition with our beds at home! The bathroom was enormous with great shower. Can you believe they offer cookies and milk to their customers at night? Adorable! We will definitely be coming back again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Hroudarooter,

I hope all is well back in our beautiful sister-state! Wow...I thank you for such high praises! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! Mark insists that I tell y'all he says hello too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Bruxelles, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I cannot agree more with the other reviewers, This hotel is really excellent. Elegant, extreme care in every details, great location.
Rooms are on the small side, but everything is there and above all they very clean and quiet. The bed is really comfortable and we had a good sleep. Big bathroom, with great shower.
Very good breakfast in the patio. The wine-and-cheese reception is in fact a truly rich Italian style aperitive, with a wide selection of nibbles. Memorable cookies and milk or Port and chocolate pralines before going to bed.
The only regret is that we stayed only for one night. But hopefully we will be back again.

Dear arancia,

I hope you are having a wonderful evening back home in beautiful Belgium! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Hopefully when y'all return, maybe y'all can stay a few more nights!

Fort Worth, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed at the French Quarter over Memorial Day weekend. A first class place all the way and well deserving of its high ranking on TA. It is well located just a block off Market Street and two blocks from Meeting Street. Many excellent restaurants and King Street shopping are within walking distance. We had a deluxe king room which was spacious with a large bathroom, marble shower, and the most comfortable king bed ever. Extras included at this hotel were a daily afternoon wine and cheese service and breakfast every morning—serve yourself in the lobby or have it brought to your room. The staff was always helpful with suggestions and directions. Overall an excellent experience and a good choice for your Charleston stay. It is pricey, but if you take advantage of all the amenities, worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms were generally quiet--if you want absolute quiet ask for a room away from the street. The view...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear TexTraveling,

I hope you are doing well back home in the GREAT state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went to Charleston for a wedding and was thrilled to stay at this lovely place. The staff was very friendly and the room was great. The location is perfect. We were in walking distance to everything. The amenities were incredible-champagne check in; wine and cheese in the evening; continental breakfast in the morning; homemade cookies and port at bedtime. Who can argue with all of that? Awesome place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Pamela M,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Pennsylvania! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!