“Ten Star Hotel.....” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Laurinburg, North Carolina
“Ten Star Hotel.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

French Quarter Inn has an excellent location adjacent to Market Street and close to many restaurants, shopping and activities. Upon arrival, Mark (bellhop?) immediately created us and inquired our names and from that point onward, we were greeted personally with his contagious smile. Extremely prompt check in with a run down of services. Continental breakfast is amazing with fresh fruit, several juices, pastries, etc...The staff was always very friendly and eager to assist in any way possible. The room was lovely and cozy; truly the most comfortable beds we have slept on that were in competition with our beds at home! The bathroom was enormous with great shower. Can you believe they offer cookies and milk to their customers at night? Adorable! We will definitely be coming back again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Hroudarooter,

I hope all is well back in our beautiful sister-state! Wow...I thank you for such high praises! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! Mark insists that I tell y'all he says hello too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Bruxelles, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I cannot agree more with the other reviewers, This hotel is really excellent. Elegant, extreme care in every details, great location.
Rooms are on the small side, but everything is there and above all they very clean and quiet. The bed is really comfortable and we had a good sleep. Big bathroom, with great shower.
Very good breakfast in the patio. The wine-and-cheese reception is in fact a truly rich Italian style aperitive, with a wide selection of nibbles. Memorable cookies and milk or Port and chocolate pralines before going to bed.
The only regret is that we stayed only for one night. But hopefully we will be back again.

Dear arancia,

I hope you are having a wonderful evening back home in beautiful Belgium! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Hopefully when y'all return, maybe y'all can stay a few more nights!

Fort Worth, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed at the French Quarter over Memorial Day weekend. A first class place all the way and well deserving of its high ranking on TA. It is well located just a block off Market Street and two blocks from Meeting Street. Many excellent restaurants and King Street shopping are within walking distance. We had a deluxe king room which was spacious with a large bathroom, marble shower, and the most comfortable king bed ever. Extras included at this hotel were a daily afternoon wine and cheese service and breakfast every morning—serve yourself in the lobby or have it brought to your room. The staff was always helpful with suggestions and directions. Overall an excellent experience and a good choice for your Charleston stay. It is pricey, but if you take advantage of all the amenities, worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms were generally quiet--if you want absolute quiet ask for a room away from the street. The view...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear TexTraveling,

I hope you are doing well back home in the GREAT state of Texas! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went to Charleston for a wedding and was thrilled to stay at this lovely place. The staff was very friendly and the room was great. The location is perfect. We were in walking distance to everything. The amenities were incredible-champagne check in; wine and cheese in the evening; continental breakfast in the morning; homemade cookies and port at bedtime. Who can argue with all of that? Awesome place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Pamela M,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Pennsylvania! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have stayed at many, many 4 & 5 star resorts across the USA and we found the French Quarter Inn on the top of our list now. They exceeded our expectations in service and hospitality starting with Taylor greeting us as we dropped our car and luggage on to Michelle welcoming us at the front desk with a glass of champagne. The daily breakfast, 5PM cheese & wine happy hours and cookies at night were just added touches. We loved the boutique style Inn and the convenience to Market Street & Kings Street shopping. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and the Inn staff does an OUTSTANDING job!! We were there to attend my son's wedding at one of the Charleston Plantations and Taylor helped us handle everything with our packages down to getting us car service for the wedding. It is a must if you plan to visit Charleston!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Judy L,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Florida! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Taylor and Michelle both say hello!

Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Attentive and helpful staff, clean rooms, good coffee. What you would expect given the prices. Down sides included no hotel bar! Really should have mentioned that as any reasonable customer would expect a hotel of this stature to have a nice piano bar or similar. Had we known there was not one we would have stayed elsewhere. Also the noise from the construction site next door meant no lay ins in the morning due to construction vehicles backing in and out. Breakfast is a bit hit and miss depending on when you get up - continental is fine when freshly laid out but not after an hour or two! Although the restaurant had closed this was not an issue due to location and proximity to some very good ones. They comp'd a bottle of bubbly when learning we had just got married which was nice of them. As Charleston becomes an increasingly popular destination I suspect this hotel will start to miss out to others who have multiple bars, restaurants, gym etc. I really enjoyed my stay but when I return to Charleston it will probably be to a more modern, vibrant hotel. I think the FQI's best years may have passed.

Room Tip: Higher up and overlooking the market is the place - avoid 1 and 2 overlooking valet parking entrance
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Henryq,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. As a passionate service professional, you can imagine that I am disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations and for that, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team. We stay 100% committed to excellence so that every guest's high expectations of us are met or exceeded. Hopefully you can visit us again and see some upcoming enhancements!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We have stayed here numerous times. The staff is very efficient and friendly, the amenities are superb, the rooms are beautiful. Above all else, the personal attention goes way beyond. We have dealt with Jenny and Marvin in reservations and they have always,always made us feel welcome and gone beyond to assist us in our requests or needs. We truly appreciate them. In addition, everyone on the staff exhibits the same level of service. It is not only a fine inn, it is a personal service inn. Accolades go to the entire staff and to the manager who works hard to make sure such service is provided.
There are so many nice things about the inn that it is difficult to name all of them. Thank you to a fine staff and a beautifully run inn.

Room Tip: We did not mean to rate swimming pool and fitness center as terrible. There are not these amenities...
Green Features: They practice recycling . Trash cans are divided in the room for that purpose. When french doors are open, heating and air go off to conserve energy.
Dear Esarvis,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I hope all is well back home on beautiful Pawley's Island! I thank you for your camaraderie to our Inn. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!