“Best hotel in Charleston!” 5 of 5 stars

Break-Away Dates
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Best hotel in Charleston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I travel to Charleston once or twice every year and we try to stay at a different place every time. Our stay at French Quarter Inn may be the last time we try a new place. Our stay was exceptional! We knew we were in for a treat when we drove into the valet drop off. We were greeted warmly and asked our name. I went upstairs to check us in. Another warm welcome from the desk. We were also given a glass of champagne and enjoyed it on their patio. Our room was so nice. We booked for a corner room with a balcony. I would highly recommend. The view wasn't that great but it was nice to overlook the area and the nice weather. We also enjoyed their wine and cheese reception both nights. Very nice spread. We choose to have our breakfast delivered in our room. The quiche was excellent and we had more than enough food. The people were so nice and worth every penny. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (3rd floor) and had a balcony. The balcony is very big. If you want to en...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Barbara J,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Georgia! I am delighted to read that y'all found "your hotel!" On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding. The accommodations and service went above and beyond our expectations. The room was huge and we got all the special treatment one would expect in a honeymoon suite. The next morning we enjoyed ourselves on the oversized balcony overlooking Market Street. Overall, the experience was decadent and we would highly suggest others to stay here while in Charleston.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Amy G (Mrs. Gresham!),

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that your travels back to beautiful Virginia were pleasant! I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is the best hotel in Charleston! I have stayed at four and five star hotels all over the country and the housekeeping staff at this hotel was the best. Their friendliness, promptness, and attention to detail was incredible. I really enjoyed the Lavender Lemonade in the lobby. I really enjoyed sitting out on my terrace overlooking the market. Every award the hotel has earned is deserved.

Room Tip: Room with a Balcony or Terrace
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear travel12335,

I hope you are having a wonderful afternoon back in beautiful Greensboro! I thank you for such high praises, and I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay so much! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The French Quarter Inn was a phenomenal hotel. Everyone who works there were very friendly and accommodating, our room was beautiful and immaculately clean. I loved the triple sheeted bed and the turn down service. Our bathroom was huge with a big shower. the hotel's location is superb to walk to all the popular sites. The breakfast was great, and the wine and cheese at 5;30PM was an added bonus. What I also loved was the fact that main lobby floor has many places to sit and relax, and I spent an hour or so in front of the fireplace. All my interactions with the staff was great, and a special thanks to Jenny who booked me my room, and chatted with me when I came to say hello. I would definitely return to the French Quarter Inn, and highly recommend it.

Green Features: I noticed that the hotel recycles, and supplies a split trash can for recyclables and trash.
Dear Oldmyst,

I hope you are having a wonderful day, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I am also happy that you noticed our green initiatives!

Hampden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had the good fortune to stay at the French Quarter Inn recently and we felt so well taken care of that we wanted to share this experience with other travelers. The location could not have been better, the service was attentive and accommodating and the amenities from welcome champagne, to late afternoon wine & cheese, to evening port, milk and cookies were all delightful. The only negative, after you have had a great night's sleep in your spotless room, on their fabulous beds using their amazing pillows, is that you will not want to leave. You will truly want to move in permanently. And finally, we would like to give a special thank you to Jenny (from the first phone call to make the reservation to meeting her and chatting with her during our stay, she could not have been more helpful), and to Marvin and to Emily. We have no doubt that the entire staff deserves cudos but these three lovely people stood out particularly. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms. Both were perfect and quiet! I am not sure if there is a "b...
Dear Ann W,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Massachusetts! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I live the pillows too...they are made not far from here by Harris Pillow Supply located in Beaufort, SC. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Jenny, Marvin and Emily all say hello!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We enjoyed our experience at French Quarter Inn in beautiful Charleston, SC. The amenities and service made this a memorable time. Mr. Paul took the time to discuss all our tour options thoroughly. He also followed up to make sure we enjoyed our tours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Ponda2014,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Savannah "the other Jewel of the South!" I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay so much! Mr. Paul says hello too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Owatonna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews, and we were glad we did. The room was beautifully decorated, and it included an impressively large bathroom. All staff were all extremely accommodating and pleasant throughout our stay, giving us great recommendations for tours and dining. We were especially grateful to the doorman who shared his background and books about the slaves of Middleton Plantation, as we found it so educational and insightful. We loved the complimentary breakfasts, wine and cheese hour, and the bedtime fresh-baked cookies and dessert wine. The weather was pleasant enough for us to enjoy sitting outside on the garden patio, and location-wise, it was perfect for walking to the finest restaurants and history tours this wonderful city has to offer. We couldn't imagine anyone not being completely satisfied with the French Quarter Inn. We will definitely stay here the next time we come to Charleston.

Dear Joyce A,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Minnesota! I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay so much! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!