Many other reviewers have commented on the hotel facilities - the champagne, cheese and wine, bedtime cookies etc - but what set the hotel apart for us was the staff who made the extra effort of make our stay pleasant.
When advising us about a location for dinner, the reception staff printed off details of several suggested restaurants, and marked up those which were particularly suitable, together with phone numbers etc. We settled on Hanks and had an outstanding meal there.
We wanted a city tour, and were planning to go to the Charleston visitor centre, but the reception staff listened to what we wanted, then called a tour company to book us on a bus tour, which turned out to be excellent.
In the bar attached to Tristram, the restaurant in the hotel, we heard the barman giving an excellent description of some complex and unusual dishes. We wished we had the time to test his expertise on cocktails.
The bellman, despite being a bit pressed by several checkouts at the same time, was cheerful, prompt and efficient in getting our car out, and taking down the luggage.
Overall, an excellent experience in an outstanding hotel.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Hotel
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn’s newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston’s classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect.Enjoy some of Charleston's finest cuisine at Tristan which graces French Quarter Inn's lobby atrium on the ground floor. Chef Nate Whiting prepares unexpected cuisine with traditional ingredients at this chic and stylish AAA Four Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.