“"Perfection"” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“"Perfection"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

In the heart of Charleston where charm abounds...stayed for five nights in this French country styled boutique hotel. On a personal note...not since I stayed in a small villa style hotel in Rome (The Inn at the Spanish Steps) has any hotel come close to this experience. Hospitality as it's finest...rooms are lovely, clean and beds are sumptuous. To start each morning with coffee and tea just steps away (a station is set up on each floor), in the lobby a wonderful continental breakfast, wine and cheese every evening, and to end each day with warm cookies and or a glass of wine. Coffee/tea and delicious flavored water available all day long, every member of the staff is friendly, helpful and will go out of their way to accommodate you.....this is hospitality at it's finest. These amenities are included in the price of the room, no additional fees tacked on (what other hotels call the concierge floor). A perfect stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear journeys75,

Wow..."a perfect stay!" I am delighted and honored to read that we compare to such a wonderful property! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

1,653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We picked French Quarter Inn after reading about various properties on Trip Advisor. From the time we arrived to our departure 5 days later, the service was phenomenal. We have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels and none compare to the service and details attended to at the French Quarter Inn. The complimentary breakfast service to the room is wonderful and wine and cheese after a day of exploring the city is just right. The finishing touch 24 hour complimentary coffee, tea and cold beverages available in the lobby is perfect for when one just wants a drink and doesn't want to leave the inn.

When one factors in the splendid hospitality of the staff and all the complimentary extras that come as part of the cost of a room, it is truly unbelievable. We went from Charleston to stay at a 4 star chain hotel in Myrtle Beach, what a disappointment compared to the French Quarter Inn especially when the price was $80 more a night. We will definitely be back.

We went from

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear BAB333,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Canada were pleasant! I am delighted to read that y'all found our service to be phenomenal. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having lived in Charleston most of my adult life I knew I would never find the Charm, fabulous Southern food and unsurpassed hospitality in any other city so when it came to our Honeymoon we didn't have to travel far! The French Quarter Inn was the perfect spot, close to everything, wonderful service and quite rooms. We stayed in a King with a private terrace over looking Church Street and Saint Phillips. Very romantic, a delicious breakfast on our private terrace was a wonderful way to start the day. Do take at vantage of the complimentary bikes great way to get around. A true hidden gem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FreeBird001,

I am delighted to read that you consider us a hidden gem! It means so much to hear from our locals, and I thank you for y'all choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Bourke, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I arrived at this hotel exhausted and desperate to relax. I booked it based on the reviews and am SO glad that I did. From the moment we entered we felt the relaxing ambiance and the luxuriousness. Check in was smooth and the room was ready. The room was large and elegantly designed in French decor. The valet parked the car and we never used it again for 3 days. Everything (the shops, the restaurants, the market, the ocean) are within easy walking distance. The bed was super comfortable - you literally sink into it and don't want to get out. The internet is super fast and there was and there was even a DMI cable to connect our computer to the TV or a blue-ray DVD player for our convenience. Their continental breakfast includes meat, cheese, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fresh yogurt, as well as the usual french pastries and bread. What I loved was that their was fresh coffee and tea ON THE FLOOR in the morning so I could just slip out and grab a cup without going down to breakfast. Coffee, tea, lavender lemonade, iced tea and detox water are available all day long long. Wine and cheese and hors d'oeuvres are available at 5:30 and milk and cookies later on in the evening. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that if you are looking to relax this is simply the BEST way to do it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MichelleBF6210NSW,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, and I thank you for such high praises from you stay with us! Also, I love the lavender lemonade too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The French Quarter Inn surprised us with the quality of its staff, location and sensitivity to detail. The location is next to the tourist market but we never heard any street noise. The room was kept very clean and bed linens were changed every day without having to beg housekeeping. Complimentary breakfast food and the nightly wine and cheese hour featured quality tidbits not the kind of cheesy rot gut stuff some hotels pawn off to their customers. Even the house restaurant Tristan was excellent and we rarely like hotel restaurants. Complimentary coffee and tea service in the hallway outside our room as well as in the lobby throughout the day was a nice additional touch. The only problem we encountered and we suggest everyone be wary of is we were charged $20 a day for valet parking even though our package, "Just the two of us" clearly included valet parking. The front desk was quick to take it off our bill when we brought it to their attention but how it got there in the first place I will withhold judgment but suggest everyone check their bill closely. I wish I could have given this one an Excellent instead of very good.

Room Tip: Check your bill for addons.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear RD o,

I hope your travels back to the great city of New York were pleasant! I thank you for such kind praises regarding our establishment, and I sincerely apologize for the technical mishap by our brand new computer system. We just implemented a brand new Property Management System August 1st and we are still "ironing out" some technical glitches.

I assure you this issue is now resolved, and I am sorry for any inconveniences. Please never hesitate to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Brent Gresham
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We chose the French Quarter Inn because it was rated #1 - still is. Our three day stay was one of the best. The front desk staff were very helpful on check-in and as we asked questions during our stay. The amenities were very nice - coffee availability in the lobby and on each floor in the morning (none of that awful room coffee machine), wine and cheese in the afternoon and cookies and milk at night. The breakfast was very good and is much better than the advertised continental breakfast. I'm neutral but my partner appreciated the classical music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sinclair H,

I hope y'all are staying cool down in beautiful Jacksonville! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was our second time we have visited this fantastic hotel. I waxed lyrically about our stay the first time and this review will be no different.

Imagine our surprise when Darryl on reception remembered us, and quantified his memories by citing our road trip destinations from two years ago. Darryl is an absolute star and we hope he is still there when we return in a couple of years time.

Darryl wasn't the only one that remembered us either and all the staff were friendly, courteous, and happy to make our stay extra special.

The FQI has added several great features since our last visit including free bike hire. I have an apology to make to Lori Bentley the operations director. Lori responded to my email about six weeks before travelling asking about a child seat, Lori promised she would have one waiting for us however we ended up happily walking around this beautiful city instead.

It is our 25th wedding anniversary in two years time and coming from the UK we are planning to fly around the length and breadth of the USA to celebrate. We will start planning the trip in the coming few months but you can bet your life that the first destination/hotel will be Charleston and the French Quarter Inn.

Room Tip: You can pay a bit more for a balcony but they are south facing and we found it too hot in the aftern...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear DerbyBadger,

I hope your travels here in the states are going well, and it was truly a pleasure having y'all stay with us! I thank you for sharing such kind words about Daryl; he really is a star with our guests. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!