“Great hotel, perfect location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive Savings
Ranked #1 of 54 hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stony Point, New York
“Great hotel, perfect location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the FQI for 3 nights. We got to the hotel at noon because we had an early flight. We were able to check in and they were able to expedite a room for us so we ultimately checked in at 2p instead of 4p. They have a great breakfast buffet and there is wine and cheese every afternoon and milk and cookies every evening. The entire staff was exceptionally friendly. They were renovating a few rooms right next to ours and we didn't hear a thing!! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in downtown Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear nekstrom,

I am delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope your travels back to beautiful New York were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

1,608 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I could not believe how perfect this hotel was for such reasonable pricing. The atmosphere of the hotel felt first class and luxurious yet avoided a stuffy, judgmental and flashy feel. The rooms were clean and spacious and the location of the hotel could not be better. The city market, horse tours, the waterfront and several fantastic restaurants were all within a 5 minute walk. The lobby had constant treats such as cookies, small candies, lemonade, coffee, water and tea. For a continental breakfast the food was outstanding. Everything was set up so beautifully and everything tasted delicious. The patio was gorgeous, I wanted to out there all day. It felt fabulously french where intricate European designs met modern and upscale amenities. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. The afternoon wine and cheese in the lobby was my favorite part of the day, for it consisted of delicious crackers, cheeses, fruits, drinks and jams. Then, later on there are cookies and milk in the lobby which my younger siblings really enjoyed. I only wish there was a pool or fitness center to make this place absolutely unbelievable, but all the walking around the city left us feeling ready to come back to this perfect hotel to eat, rest, and relax anyways. Thank you for the perfect stay, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amy C,

I hope you are well back in beautiful Massachusetts! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I also want to thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures of your stay!

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Charleston. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and chose The French Quarter Inn because of the write-ups in Travel and Leisure. We could not have been happier! The Inn itself is very nice, but the amenities and staff made the experience that much more amazing! From Madison, Glori, Marvin, Mike, and Michelle at the front desk to Treavon, Phillip, and Kadishia, the staff made us feel very special!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear MJM_17_13,

I hope all is well in sunny Florida! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, who all says hello by the way, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came and stayed at the French Quarter Inn in July of 2012 and all I can say is wow, the place was first class from top to bottom. The rooms were great, beds were very comfortable, the pillow list was great. I loved the free lemonade and tea throughout the day, which we took advantage of frequently. The people at the front desk were great, they always helped us with any questions we had about the city. If you're willing to spend s little money to stay at s quality place stay here, I know we will when we come back.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear DaltonW,

I am delighted to read that you and your wife loved our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wow! From the moment we pulled in to our check out this place was incredible! They really go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. From the afternoon wine/cheese reception to the late night cookies, to the fun movie food selection if you'd like to stay in your room. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was huge, we really appreciated the hair dryer in the room as we got stuck in a huge rain storm and needed to dry our clothes :) They even offer complimentary umbrellas. Great location, great service. This was my first visit to Charleston and we will be back and we will stay at the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa18,

Let me first start by saying--Wow! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I also want to thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures, and I hope all is well over in Atlanta!

Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is our third time staying at the FrenchQuarter Inn, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Charleston. Centrally located, most of the best restaurants in what must be the Best Restaurant City in America are within easy walking distance (including FIG, Blossom, McCrady's, HUSK, Magnolias, Peninsula Grill, etc.). From the chek-in greeting with champaigne to the delightful continental breakfast, from the quiet and elegant rooms to the outstanding customer service, this is a hotel that truly lives up to its setting. Speaking of customer service, special kudos were earned by Mike and Darryl at the front desk for making extra efforts to ensure that we had an outstanding visit To Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear William M,

Let me first begin by saying that we all thank you for the camaraderie to our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Also, Mike and Daryl both say hello!

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

On our first trip to Charleston we stayed here and wish it could have been for more than just one night! Location is perfect - walk to everything. Staff is extremely professional and delightful. A wonderful place to stay that makes you feel like royalty right from the beginning. At checkin we were offered a chilled glass of champagne, wine & cheese later in the afternoon, cookies, milk and Port before bedtime.....and their idea of continental breakfast is amazing. They even offer champagne at breakfast for mimosas. It is truly an upscale hotel. We were there with our two teenage daughters in a Jr. Suite, which was an extremely large hotel room and the bathroom was almost as big as most ordinary hotel rooms! Will definitely come back here....

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor and overlooked the straw market. The front desk clerks are extremely h...