“Beyond 5 Star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Beyond 5 Star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wow! From the moment we pulled in to our check out this place was incredible! They really go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. From the afternoon wine/cheese reception to the late night cookies, to the fun movie food selection if you'd like to stay in your room. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was huge, we really appreciated the hair dryer in the room as we got stuck in a huge rain storm and needed to dry our clothes :) They even offer complimentary umbrellas. Great location, great service. This was my first visit to Charleston and we will be back and we will stay at the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Lisa18,

Let me first start by saying--Wow! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I also want to thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures, and I hope all is well over in Atlanta!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

1,593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is our third time staying at the FrenchQuarter Inn, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Charleston. Centrally located, most of the best restaurants in what must be the Best Restaurant City in America are within easy walking distance (including FIG, Blossom, McCrady's, HUSK, Magnolias, Peninsula Grill, etc.). From the chek-in greeting with champaigne to the delightful continental breakfast, from the quiet and elegant rooms to the outstanding customer service, this is a hotel that truly lives up to its setting. Speaking of customer service, special kudos were earned by Mike and Darryl at the front desk for making extra efforts to ensure that we had an outstanding visit To Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear William M,

Let me first begin by saying that we all thank you for the camaraderie to our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Also, Mike and Daryl both say hello!

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

On our first trip to Charleston we stayed here and wish it could have been for more than just one night! Location is perfect - walk to everything. Staff is extremely professional and delightful. A wonderful place to stay that makes you feel like royalty right from the beginning. At checkin we were offered a chilled glass of champagne, wine & cheese later in the afternoon, cookies, milk and Port before bedtime.....and their idea of continental breakfast is amazing. They even offer champagne at breakfast for mimosas. It is truly an upscale hotel. We were there with our two teenage daughters in a Jr. Suite, which was an extremely large hotel room and the bathroom was almost as big as most ordinary hotel rooms! Will definitely come back here....

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor and overlooked the straw market. The front desk clerks are extremely h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear MimiGnc,

I hope you travels back to beautiful Cary were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Saluda, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our third visit in the past two years to our favorite hotel, and we are just so impressed by the attention to detail as well as the continuous improvements. My husband and I travel often and always try to stay at Four Seasons, St. Regis or small independent hotels that know sincerity. Customer service is one of the biggest highlights at The French Quarter as staff ALWAYS smiles and knows you by name (how do they all know our name)! We LOVE this place!!! Not only other hotels can learn from this place, but any business needs to come and take notes. See you all in Fall!

Room Tip: 220 has a nice balcony
Dear Elizabeth W,

I hope all is well in beautiful Saluda (one of my favorite mountain towns)! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Yes ma'am, we take pride in knowing all of our guests' names...it is what we do!

TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I would definitely recommend staying here. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. We both loved the hotel. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The hotel is in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere. I really enjoyed that breakfast could be eaten downstairs or be delivered to your room. Also, the champagne on arrival, the wine and cheese in the evening and the cookies and milk were nice added bonuses. I hope to visit Charleston again and stay at the French Quarter Inn.

Dear cdhattn,

I thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My Family And I Stayed Here For Several Days. The Location Was Great And The Staff Was Very Polite And friendly to say the least. The service manager on his own time went and bought gluten and dairy free products for my wife which was an added bonus. Charleston is an excellent place with great American history . I would recommend this place to get the complete Southern charm experience .

Room Tip: will usually upgrade you at no cost if available
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear tina p,

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful two night stay at the French Quarter Inn. My boyfriend booked the executive king suite with terrace and we loved our room (310)! It had a great view from the terrace. And you could hear the church bells from the room. From beginning to end, I felt like I was being spoiled by all the included extras like the welcome champagne, 5pm wine and cheese hour, late night milk and cookies, and port! And then when you wake up, you get a complimentary gourmet breakfast. One morning we had breakfast on the lobby patio and the other morning we had it delivered to the room. If you go downstairs, there is more variety than ordering it to your room. Plus they have champagne downstairs so you can make mimosas. I love the little touches like that curly orange rind on the champagne flute they give you. Or the mason jars they provide for the all day peach tea and lemonade service. They even place the coffee and tea service on each floor in the morning so you don't have to walk more than a few steps for your morning beverage. Let's not forget the sweet treats they leave in your room during turndown.

They also have bikes available for use but we didn't have a chance to take advantage. We did borrow a big umbrella since it was raining almost the whole time which came in handy. They also have beach towels available to borrow - you just have to sign a waiver. I personally found the bed a bit too soft but I do like my mattresses very firm. The location of the inn is great. Perfect for a stroll to King Street for some shopping and the open air market is steps from the inn. We rented a car for the trip and the valet service was generally quick. We loved our stay at the French Quarter Inn. It's no wonder why this inn was on Conde Nast's list of top ten hotels in the US. Now I'm home and missing wine and cheese hour. It's definitely a splurge to stay here but you feel pampered the entire time. The service is simply excellent.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear penguin80,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Virginia were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, thank you for such an informative review as well as sharing such wonderful pictures!

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!