“And just when I think this place cannot get any better!” 5 of 5 stars

15% Savings + Added Perks
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saluda, North Carolina
“And just when I think this place cannot get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our third visit in the past two years to our favorite hotel, and we are just so impressed by the attention to detail as well as the continuous improvements. My husband and I travel often and always try to stay at Four Seasons, St. Regis or small independent hotels that know sincerity. Customer service is one of the biggest highlights at The French Quarter as staff ALWAYS smiles and knows you by name (how do they all know our name)! We LOVE this place!!! Not only other hotels can learn from this place, but any business needs to come and take notes. See you all in Fall!

Room Tip: 220 has a nice balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Elizabeth W,

I hope all is well in beautiful Saluda (one of my favorite mountain towns)! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Yes ma'am, we take pride in knowing all of our guests' names...it is what we do!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I would definitely recommend staying here. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. We both loved the hotel. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The hotel is in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere. I really enjoyed that breakfast could be eaten downstairs or be delivered to your room. Also, the champagne on arrival, the wine and cheese in the evening and the cookies and milk were nice added bonuses. I hope to visit Charleston again and stay at the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cdhattn,

I thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My Family And I Stayed Here For Several Days. The Location Was Great And The Staff Was Very Polite And friendly to say the least. The service manager on his own time went and bought gluten and dairy free products for my wife which was an added bonus. Charleston is an excellent place with great American history . I would recommend this place to get the complete Southern charm experience .

Room Tip: will usually upgrade you at no cost if available
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear tina p,

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful two night stay at the French Quarter Inn. My boyfriend booked the executive king suite with terrace and we loved our room (310)! It had a great view from the terrace. And you could hear the church bells from the room. From beginning to end, I felt like I was being spoiled by all the included extras like the welcome champagne, 5pm wine and cheese hour, late night milk and cookies, and port! And then when you wake up, you get a complimentary gourmet breakfast. One morning we had breakfast on the lobby patio and the other morning we had it delivered to the room. If you go downstairs, there is more variety than ordering it to your room. Plus they have champagne downstairs so you can make mimosas. I love the little touches like that curly orange rind on the champagne flute they give you. Or the mason jars they provide for the all day peach tea and lemonade service. They even place the coffee and tea service on each floor in the morning so you don't have to walk more than a few steps for your morning beverage. Let's not forget the sweet treats they leave in your room during turndown.

They also have bikes available for use but we didn't have a chance to take advantage. We did borrow a big umbrella since it was raining almost the whole time which came in handy. They also have beach towels available to borrow - you just have to sign a waiver. I personally found the bed a bit too soft but I do like my mattresses very firm. The location of the inn is great. Perfect for a stroll to King Street for some shopping and the open air market is steps from the inn. We rented a car for the trip and the valet service was generally quick. We loved our stay at the French Quarter Inn. It's no wonder why this inn was on Conde Nast's list of top ten hotels in the US. Now I'm home and missing wine and cheese hour. It's definitely a splurge to stay here but you feel pampered the entire time. The service is simply excellent.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear penguin80,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Virginia were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, thank you for such an informative review as well as sharing such wonderful pictures!

Boiling Springs, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Believe everything you've read about the French Quarter Inn. It is THE place to stay in Charleston, and I cannot wait to return. As great as the ammenities are -- breakfast, wine and cheese, cookies and milk -- it's the staff who really make this place special. Everyone we encountered -- Glori, Jenny, Faith, Philip, and the valets -- were polite, professional, and extremely helpful. They gave us some wonderful tips for sites to see in and around the city, and were so kind in many other ways. If you're looking for true southern hospitality. This is where you'll find it.

Dear jme90,

Let me first start by saying, Glori, Jenny, Faith, Philip all wanted me to make sure I tell you that they say hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about French Quarter Inn. The staff is friendly, the facilities are charming, the rooms are very comfortable, and the little extras they offer really make a difference. The Inn is located in the heart of Historic Charleston and is a short walk to some of the best restaurants and historic homes and museums.

My family and I stayed at the Inn for 3 nights in July 2013 which was just the right amount of time for what we wanted to see and do in the Charleston area. The room had two really comfy queen beds which was great after having stayed at earlier hotels in Washington, D.C. and North Carolina which only had double beds. The free WiFi was a nice plus as well.

Every morning, we awoke to a wonderful breakfast downstairs where we could choose to eat indoors or outdoors on the patio (we also had the option of having breakfast brought up to our room). We could choose from organic Greek yogurt with fresh fruits, an assortment of very good breads and pastries (not the dry and processed-tasting types that you get at lower-end hotels), warm quiches, lots of fruits and delicious juices (my favorite was the grapefruit juice which is saying a lot because I normally don't like grapefruit juice). When we would return to the hotel in the middle of the day, we'd re-energize with the coffee, tea, lavender lemonade, and "detox water" that's available 24/7 as well as the endless supply of M&M's and Jelly Belly's. Every night, there was warm, homemade cookies and milk to help us slumber that much better.

Although the Inn was undergoing construction (remodeling the bathrooms), we weren't bothered or inconvenienced by the work. The staff would great about leaving us letters in our room with information about the construction work that day that may impact us.

I have no reservations in recommending that you stay at French Quarter Inn.

Dear FromLosAltos,

I hope y'all are well over in beautiful California! I thank you so much for such an informative review. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have travelled all over the world as I buy apache and chinook helicopters as an attorney and I am a New Yorker.
I have never had such exemplary service in my life. I would like to tell my fellow TRIPADVISOR friends that I found this Inn on TRIPADVISOR due to the review of other guests and this is the most impressive Inn I have ever stayed at. I am also owner of the Amazing Grace Bed And Breakfast 1860 Plantation House where we do re-enactments of the Civil War.
Do you know the difference between a cemetary and a graveyard? A cemetary is always attached to a church. Kiawah is right around the area and I recommend you make sure to introduce yourself to Mr. Scott Martindale to ensure impeccable service but if you do not get that remarkable young man than see Sir Darryl or Sir Michael . Scott exceeded my recommendations. The rooms are incredible the lovliest I have ever been in and the expereince is unique. Trust me, this is the most accessible location and it is so fun to be in this location. I had my college age son and he was so happy here because there is so much to do. Listen to the recommendations the front desk staff will make for you and try to enjoy the lovely afternoon tea, the champagne breakfast and the wine and cheese which is par excellence. There is absolutely only positive overall and I rate them 100 plus. They have a better upscale elegant ambiance and every amenity is simply extraordinaire. Check in and leave the rest to them. Enjoy Charleston only with the French Quarter Inn. My husband is a wounded warrior Infantry Iraq and first responder 911 and the staff went beyond my expectations and they are very patriotic and American. Come celebrate a special event here at the French Quarter Inn just let the staff know and they will do the rest. Best Birthday celebration I ever had and the perfect venue for a coporate event or a wedding as well. Enjoy your special Charleston experience with the genteel and honorable team with Scott Martindale nd Sir Brent at the helm.

Room Tip: All rooms are extraordinary
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Lmendenhall,

Wow! I thank you so much for the high praises! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Sir Scott, Sir Mike and Sir Daryl all say "hello and thank you!"

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!