Just got back from a wonderful two night stay at the French Quarter Inn. My boyfriend booked the executive king suite with terrace and we loved our room (310)! It had a great view from the terrace. And you could hear the church bells from the room. From beginning to end, I felt like I was being spoiled by all the included extras like the welcome champagne, 5pm wine and cheese hour, late night milk and cookies, and port! And then when you wake up, you get a complimentary gourmet breakfast. One morning we had breakfast on the lobby patio and the other morning we had it delivered to the room. If you go downstairs, there is more variety than ordering it to your room. Plus they have champagne downstairs so you can make mimosas. I love the little touches like that curly orange rind on the champagne flute they give you. Or the mason jars they provide for the all day peach tea and lemonade service. They even place the coffee and tea service on each floor in the morning so you don't have to walk more than a few steps for your morning beverage. Let's not forget the sweet treats they leave in your room during turndown.
They also have bikes available for use but we didn't have a chance to take advantage. We did borrow a big umbrella since it was raining almost the whole time which came in handy. They also have beach towels available to borrow - you just have to sign a waiver. I personally found the bed a bit too soft but I do like my mattresses very firm. The location of the inn is great. Perfect for a stroll to King Street for some shopping and the open air market is steps from the inn. We rented a car for the trip and the valet service was generally quick. We loved our stay at the French Quarter Inn. It's no wonder why this inn was on Conde Nast's list of top ten hotels in the US. Now I'm home and missing wine and cheese hour. It's definitely a splurge to stay here but you feel pampered the entire time. The service is simply excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz and TravelClick so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc